Epilogue #2

I couldn't end this super happy so here u go!

------------------------------------------------

Lately, Luke has been spending a lot of time in the hospital. Not for himself, for his wife.

Vic has been sick for the past few years, but they know this is the end. She's been in the hospital for the past few months.

Every morning Luke comes in and greets almost every worker he sees, he knows many of them by how often a he's at the hospital.

When he enters Vic's room he weakly smiles at her, she's barely able to smile back.

Everyday they doctors tell Luke that today could be the last, but he won't have it. He believes in his wife. He believes in her and that she'll be able to pull through just a little bit longer.

He takes his seat next to his wife's bed, as he does everyday.

"Hi, Luke." Vic mumbles out.

"Hey, baby. How are you feeling today?" Luke asks, hoping his wife feels just a little bit better than before, even though he knows she isn't.

"Not too good." She quietly says.

Luke takes her hand in his, squeezing in gently.

"I'm here for you, baby." He quietly says.

He sits there in silence, beside his wife, everyday. Besides the beeping that fills the room with noise. Luke has a love-hate relationship with the beeping.

The beeping of the heart monitor is reassuring, yet stressful at the same time for Luke. It's showing Vic's still alive, but at any second that beeping could slow down until it becomes one long buzzing sound.

"Luke, when I die, you won't be too sad, right?" Vic quietly says. Everything she says is quiet.

"Vic, I'm going to be so sad, what are you saying?" Luke questions with a light chuckle.

"I don't want you to be sad." She replies.

"Baby, I'm going to be sad." He tells her, already getting choked up over the fact that his wife could be leaving him soon.

"I'm right here." She whispers, trying to gently squeeze Luke's hand, but she barely has any strength to.

"I know." Luke whispers back.

"I'm okay when you're with me." She quietly says, "You make me happy, you make me wanna stay alive but I don't know if I can do it."

"You can. You can do it." He softly replies.

He hears her sniffle, and he looks up to see her crying.

"Baby, relax. Don't get worked up." He tells her.

She doesn't reply, she's run out of energy to even speak.

"I promise, whatever happens, I'll love you. When we both move on from this life, we will find each other." He tells his wife.

"I'll be waiting for you." She replies.

The two go back to silence, until there's a knock at the door.

"Carly, sweetheart." Luke smiles, standing up to hug his daughter.

"Hey, dad." Carly replies before pulling out of their hug. "Is mum doing any better?"

"She's not doing well." Luke whispers, ready to cry at any second.

"Hey, mum. I hope you feel better. I love you." Carly says, walking over to Vic before pressing a kiss to her mothers cheek.