Chapter 8

STOP SAYING YOU PICTURE MATT AS THAT KID FROM MAGCON

----------------------------------------------------

Ashton's P.O.V.

"No, I didn't come here to do this.." I mumble, pulling away from our kiss.

"Your wife won't find out." She whispers, quickly placing her lips back on mine.

"No, no. I came here to put an end to this, Sarah. Not continue it." I tell her, moving her away from me.

"But, Ashton-"

"No. I don't have any feelings for you, I never did. I love my wife, and sleeping around with you is the biggest mistake I've ever made." I state.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" She questions.

"Yes I'm sure! My wife and I are finally planning on adopting, and I now know that this whole thing here was childish and stupid, and I can't believe I ever did this."

"But you did. You fucked me, multiple times, and you've said yourself, that it was amazing. Oh, and your wife? She didn't even have a clue." She slowly says, stepping closer to me.

"I'm done here. Find somebody else." I mutter heading out the door.

"Whatever. At least I don't have to live with the guilt of cheating." She smiles before slamming the door in my face.

I leave the building her apartment is in and head home, completely in silence.

This happens every time Sarah and I hooked up.

I feel like shit every time, yet I still do it.

But not anymore.

I'm done. I'm done with her, I'm done with whatever the hell we were doing.

I sigh, and decide I'm not going to go home, I need to talk to somebody. Someone needs to know that this happened, I can't hide it.

But I'm not going to tell Brooke.

I find myself pulling up at Luke and Vic's place.

Knocking on the door, I take a deep breath.

"Ashton, hi." Vic smiles.

"Is Luke here?" I ask.

"No, he's out with Michael, Ella and Carly." She replies.

"Then can I talk to you?"

"Yea, of course. Come in." She smiles.

She goes and sits on the sofa, I follow.

"What did you need to talk about?" She asks.

"I've done something bad." I quietly say.

"You didn't kill somebody, right?" She questions.

"I didn't kill anybody. But what I did makes me feel like I did." I whisper.

"You couldn't have done something that bad." She chuckles.

"I cheated." I blurt. "More than once."

"You better be talking about a diet or some test from high school because I swear if you're talking about Brooke I'll kill you."

"I-I'm talking about Brooke.." I whisper.

"How could you!?" She yells, "You've been married for thirteen fucking years and you-you cheated on her! Brooke is fucking amazing and I can't believe you've done this to her. You don't deserve her, not after you've cheated. And multiple times! You're having an affair! I can't believe you, just- get out. Get out of my house."

"Vic, please." I quietly beg, my voice cracking as my tears fall.

"Don't cry, you're the one who brought this upon yourself. You can't be sorry if you went back to this bitch you were having an affair with. Wait, you have ended this affair, right?"

I nod, "As soon as we decided we're going to adopt, I decided that it needed to end. I can't put Brooke and our future child through that."

"So a kid is what makes you stop cheating? Not that fact that your wife is so in love with you?" She questions.

"I-I.."

"You're gonna tell her, right?"

"I-I don't know." I mumble. "I don't want to ruin what we have. I love Brooke, I really, really do."

"Then why would you do it?" She asks.

"Alright. The first time was because I was drunk, when the guys and I went out, I was the last one to leave.. and I left with somebody. I just wanted something different, I guess that's why it continued on. Vic, Brooke is great with all of that.. but I've been with her for like, seventeen years."

"So, what, Brooke wouldn't fuck you so you went out and fucked some bitch behind Brooke's back? You sound like some guy who's twenty years old and doesn't know how stay in a relationship." She asks.

"Vic."

"No, Ashton. It's not okay that you cheated. Brooke needs to know before you adopt." She tells me.

"But I don't want her to leave. I want a family with her so badly, this is all I've wanted and it's so close." I whisper.

"I'm sorry, but I can't help you through this, Ashton." She tells me.

"What about when Calum cheated on Jess when we were younger. You were trying to help him!"

"When Calum cheated on Jess was totally different! He slept with one girl, once, when he was drunk. And Jess took away their baby! You've been seeing this girl a lot and it isn't right. You will not be getting any support from me, I'm sorry. Now if you could get out, that would be great."

I begin crying even more, before but nod and get up.

"I'm sorry Ashton, I really am." She mumbles, as she watches me leave.

Getting in my car, I sigh.

Now, going home to Brooke.

-

"Ashton? Can you come here please?" Brooke calls from upstairs.

I head up to mine and Brooke's room, and sigh as I step in.

Brooke hasn't been feeling well, making me feel even worse about seeing Sarah today.

"Do you think you could cuddle with me?" She quietly asks.

"I-I, um, I'm just doing something, could you give me a few minutes?"

She nods, closing her eyes and sighs.

I leave the room and take a deep breath.

Brooke is a really great person, I don't know how I cheated on her, but it happened.

I cheated on my wife, the wife I'm so in love with.

"Ashton.." Brooke whines.

"Yes?" I question, walking back into our room.

"Are you done yet?" She pouts

I give a small smile, "Yea, I am."

She smiles and I go climb in bed.

"Ash?"

I chuckle as I pull her closer, "Yes?"

"I can't wait to finally have a family with you." She smiles.

"I can't wait either." I mumble, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"Finally, a little one around here." She happily sighs. "A little Irwin."

"Everything will be perfect around here." I smile.

Besides the fact that I cheated.

"I love you." She whispers.

"I-I love you too."

-----------------------------------------------------

don't hate me