Chapter 46

everybody is zatthew af wtf since when

---------------------------------------------------

Calum's P.O.V.

I wake up to piercing screams, but it isn't Isaac, it's Zoe.

Quickly jumping out of bed I run to her room, she's sitting up in bed, breathing heavily and she's sobbing.

"Zoe, sweetheart." I whisper, sitting on her bed, pulling her close to me.

"It keeps happening.." She sobs. "I-I keep having the nightmares."

As tears well up in my eyes I hold onto her tighter, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "You're going to be okay. I promise it'll be okay."

"It isn't okay. These nightmares of me losing her will never go away. I never got to hold her." She continues sobbing.

"Shh..." I whisper. "She's your angel now."

"I don't want her to be my angel, I want her to be my baby, cradled in my arms, like she's supposed to be." She cries.

All I wanted is Zoe to be happy, and when she thought the baby was coming, we were so close. She was so excited, almost happy, that her daughter was finally coming.

Now she's just as sad as ever, and it kills me.

I just want her to be happy, and it seems like it's never going to happen.

Every night she wakes up and screams, or throws up, due to these nightmares, which most of the time causes panic attacks, all because she lost the baby.

She's not in a good place. Every day she says she wants to die, and I know she'd try to end everything if she didn't know what it was like to lose your baby.

"Do you think Melissa and my baby are together?" She whispers.

"I bet Melissa is taking care of your little girl just for you." I choke out.

"Can you stay in here with me?" She asks, laying back down.

"Of course." I reply.

Zoe cuddles into my side and I sigh.

I hate seeing her upset. I don't want this to continue. I'd do anything to get the baby back. I'd do anything to get Zoe back.

Zoe's here, but she isn't.

I miss my happy Zoe, but I don't know what to do to get her back.

-

Two hours later, Zoe still wasn't able to get back to sleep, so we decided to go for a drive.

"I know you probably don't want to be awake at five in the morning, I'm sorry." Zoe whispers.

"Sweetheart, I'd do anything for you, there's no need to apologize." I tell her.

"I'm still sorry." She replies.

We sit in silence, as we continue driving.

"Where are we?" Zoe asks as I park the car.

I smile at her, "The guys and I, and Vic, we came here all the time when we were your age."

"It looks like a shitty, rundown, old diner." She replies.

"It isn't shitty." I mutter. "It may look rundown and old but just come in with me."

"I will so I can see how upsetting this place is so I can make fun of your teenage years." She says, getting out of the car.

"That's my Zoe." I mumble before getting out of the car and catching up to Zoe.

-

"You're lucky this place isn't total shit." Zoe mutters, finally admitting that it really isn't shitty.