Chapter 15

what is with me updating like everyday I didn't know I had this much free time wow this says so much about me

-----------------------------------------------------

Zoe's P.O.V.

My dad walks into my room and I roll my eyes, already knowing what this is going to be about.

"So, Zoe. Can you please tell us why Amber isn't talking?" He asks as my mum steps into the room.

"Ask her." I mutter.

Mum groans, "She won't talk to us."

"Well it isn't my fault." I reply.

"Is it our fault? What did we do?" Dad asks.

"You guys are clueless! Amber doesn't talk to you guys because she's upset. She didn't want Isaac to be here! She was so upset that all you'd have time for is the new baby. You guys asked us if it was okay for us to have another sibling, which I thought was disgusting because I didn't need to know you were attempting, ew, I'm gonna puke," I pause, clearing my throat before continuing, "Amber said yes because I did, you were so happy when I said yes, she felt like she had to. She doesn't want to be the middle kid. And when you told us Isaac would be coming, all you did was focus on him, making Amber's nightmares come true. I was the one who had to comfort her when she was crying over this! God, you're oblivious. Amber just wants to feel wanted."

"She is! We love her just as much as you and Isaac!" My mum exclaims.

"Okay, but you only pay attention to Isaac! Sometimes me, only so you can get mad at me!" I reply. "Just fucking do something about it!"

"Language!" Mum yells.

"Fuck, who cares!" I exclaim. "Just focus on Amber. She's the one who doesn't even want Isaac here!"

"Well we can't exactly send Isaac back!" Mum shouts.

Dad sighs before stepping in, "Enough, okay? Zoe, we now have Isaac to look after, we can't just focus on Amber all the time."

I roll my eyes, "You haven't focused on Amber in over seven months."

"Zoe-"

"Just go talk to her." I mumble.

They both leave my room and I continue texting Paige.

-

As I cradle Isaac in my arms, I try to get him to stop crying, but it isn't working.

"Do you not know how to shut it up!" Paige groans.

"No, Paige, I don't. I'm a seventeen year old who goes out to parties all the time, do you think I know?" I reply.

She sighs, "Why do your parents ask you to babysit?"

"I don't know!"

After ten minutes of Isaac crying and Paige complaining, I finally got Isaac back to sleep.

"Okay, so Amber is at Michael's, why is Isaac here?" Paige asks.

"Because Michael's going through a lot right now, he doesn't need a screaming baby." I reply.

She groans before falling onto the sofa.

"So what have you been doing?" She asks.

"Oh, well, nothing really."

"Okay, I know. What have you been doing with Matt?" She questions.

"What? Nothing.." I reply.

"Zoe."

"I haven't done anything.." I mutter.

"I'm your best friend can't you trust me!" She groans.

"Talk about your relationship or something." I whine.

"Oh, I broke up with him. He was all over some girl at a party the other night. I'm tired of him doing whatever he wants with whoever he wants." She replies.

"What? Why didn't you tell me?" I ask.

She shrugs her shoulders, "I didn't want to make it a big thing. It'd probably just make me upset."

"I'm sorry.." I mutter.

"No, it's fine. I'm fine." She weakly smiles. "I-I have to get home though, I'll see you soon."

After she leaves, I go upstairs to see that Isaac is awake.

"Looks like it's just you and me little guy."

He squirms around in my arms and I chuckle.

Isaac's adorable, and I'm really happy he's here.

It's weird to think I'm almost at the same age mum was when she had me. Trying to take care of Isaac today really made me realize it is definitely not easy to have a kid when you're really young.

I was probably terrible for my mum. I probably ruined a lot for her too.

"Isaac, you're so lucky." I whisper. "Mum and dad care so much about you."

"They care about us too, right?" Amber asks.

"Oh, you're home." I mutter before putting Isaac back to bed.

"They care about us too, right?" Amber repeats.

I sigh, "Yes, sure, whatever."

She frowns, "No they don't."

"Amber." I mumble, pulling her into a hug.

"Can we go stay at Michael's?" She asks.

"Why?" I question.

"Because Ella and I were learning." She replies.

"Learning what?"

"We were naming all of Michael's old hair colours. So she was learning some new ones." She tells me. "It was fun. And I'm mad at mum."

"Stupid Michael and his dumb hair colours." I mutter. "Stupid mum too."

"They were pretty colours." Amber says.

I chuckle, "Alright."

-

"Okay, Liv, this is serious." I groan, sitting on my bed.

"What is it?" She questions through the phone.

I want to tell her something, but since it's about Matt I feel like it's going to be awkward.

It take a feel breath, "Okay, I wanna talk to you about something but it'll be weird since Matt-"

"You fucked my brother didn't you?" She asks.

"Maybe.."

"That's disgusting, oh my god I think I'm gonna puke."

"But the thing is, I don't think he cares about me as much I do for him, so..I don't know it's all confusing me right now." I add. "Like, well, you know.. I kinda, like him.."

She nervously chuckles, "Yea.."

"Are you hiding something?" I ask.

She scoffs, "N-no. Why would you assume that.."

"How did you ever lie to your parents about where you were going and stuff? You're a terrible liar." I tell her.

"It's nothing.." Liv mumbles.

"Olivia Hemmings I swear-"

"Matt's using you! He doesn't care about you, he's in love with Julie!"

-----------------------------------------------------

I didn't like this but there is gonna be drama coming up if you can't tell