Chapter 27

AGAIN!!! AGAIN IVE BEEN ACCUSED OF STEALING!!! HEY DID YOU EVER THINK IVE NEVER SEEN SAFE HAVEN OR WHATEVER MOVIE YOURE TELLING ME I COPIED??? like ok I'm sorry I guess I'll give credit to that

----------------------------------------------------

Brooke's P.O.V.

Ashton and I are at some stupid meeting thing for our divorce. I'm barely paying attention, I feel like complete shit because of this pregnancy.

Once it's finally over, I couldn't be happier because I can finally just go back to Michael's and try and get some sleep.

But as I'm about to leave the building, Ashton calls after me.

"What?"

"I just wanted to talk to you. It's been forever." He quietly says.

"Ashton-"

"Brooke, please." He mumbles.

"What do you need?" I ask.

"I just wanted to know about your pregnancy and stuff, if you're doing okay... I still care about you." He replies.

"Well I'm doing alright, it's healthy, I'm being taken care of, everything's good." I tell him.

"You're being taken care of by Michael, right?" He quietly asks.

"Ashton..."

"I don't care if you and Michael get together, I don't care if you find somebody new, I don't care. Brooke it's your life and I'm not going to be in it anymore." Ashton says.

"But the baby-"

"I love our baby. I do. I've just heard that, you and Michael.."

"Ash-"

He sighs, "You two can raise this baby. Don't- don't fight it. He's a better person than me anyways. At least he didn't cheat on his wife right?"

"This is our baby, you don't even care?"

"Brooke, I know it's our baby, but you deserve it so much more than I do." He says. "You don't want me around anyways..."

"That doesn't mean I wouldn't let you see your own child." I reply.

"I wanted to tell you something." He chokes out, wiping his eyes.

"What is it?" I ask.

"When this is over, once we're divorced, I'm not gonna be around here. I'm gonna move. I don't know where, I don't really know anything right now, but I've planned on just fucking leaving the country. I want you to know that I love our baby so much, but I just can't be here." He tells me.

First Matt runs off, now Ashton?

"You, of all people, will let a kid grow up without their dad?" I question.

"Yea. And I know he or she will be perfectly fine."' He whispers.

"What about the guys?"

"I knew there'd be a time when the guys and I would have to separate. Now is the time I guess." Ashton mutters.

"Fuck, whatever, Ashton." I mutter. "Run off with Sarah, I don't fucking care."

"Brooke-"

"Whatever." I mumble, leaving him standing there.

-

"He's a piece of shit and I can't wait to get divorced I can't believe he's going to leave his child-"

"Brooke." Michael interrupts me.

"Yes?"

"Calm down, please. He chose to leave. If he's going to leave he's stepping out of the baby's life, you aren't forcing him. Don't feel bad about him being an idiot." He says.