Chapter 35

I'm bored so here u go

-----------------------------------------------------

Matthew's P.O.V.

"Sienna! My parents are going to be here in like an hour!" I groan.

She rolls her eyes, "That's not my problem."

I groan, continuing to clean the apartment.

Today's the day my parents are coming to check in and see if I'm going to stay longer, or if I'm going to go back.

I still don't want to go home, I love it here.

"Matt, you clean all the time, how come the whole week before your parents come you didn't do any cleaning?"

"Because I'm dumb!" I exclaim.

"Just chill out. Have some tea with me." She says, walking from the kitchen to the sofa.

"Fuck your stupid tea!" I groan.

"My tea is not stupid." She mutters before taking a sip.

I take a few deep breaths, trying to calm down.

"Matt, seriously, relax. It's your parents." She chuckles.

"I will dump all that tea on your head." I tell her.

"Really? After I let you live here for this long?" She smirks.

"I hate you." I mumble.

"Really?"

"No!"

"Honestly, sit down and relax for a minute." She chuckles.

"I can't!" I exclaim.

"Oh my god, it's your parents." She replies.

"I'm sorry, I just really don't want to leave." I sigh.

"I know you don't. And if you leave I'll be here alone all the time. I'd prefer if you stayed too. Your parents might need you home though." She says.

"It sucks that I might have to go home." I mutter, flopping down on the couch.

There a knock at the door and my eyes widen, not wanting to go answer.

Sienna rolls her eyes and gets up to answer the door.

"Matthew, your parents are here!" Sienna calls.

"I can see that." I mutter.

"I'll be in my room..." She says, grabbing her stupid tea and walking off.

"Matt!" Mum smiles, hugging me tightly.

I chuckle, "Hi, mum."

"Don't laugh, I missed you." She mutters.

We all sit down and I nervously look around waiting for somebody to say something.

Nobody does, so I mumble, "What's happening?"

Mum takes a deep breath, "Matt, we're sorry, but you have to come home. We'll help you move out here when you're older, you just can't do this right now. A-and your grandma hasn't been getting better. You can't stay."

We don't talk about grandma being sick around dad, he gets really upset. Every time we went to see her in the hospital, or when dad went himself, he'd get really quiet. We all know he's scared, he's scared she isn't going to get better.

"Oh. Okay, I guess." I reply.

"We're really sorry, we just can't let you." Dad mumbles.

I probably would complain and ask to stay, but for dads sake, I won't.

"We head back in about two days, that'll be enough time to get everything done, right?" Mum asks.

I nod, "Yea, that's fine."

"We're going out, we'll see you soon, alright?" Dad says.

"Alright." I reply.

When they leave, Sienna comes back out.

"I'm leaving." I quietly say.

"I don't want my little Matty to leave." She pouts, wrapping her arms around me.

I sigh, "I don't want to leave either. But my dad's mum is sick, I didn't want to fight them about not wanting to go back."

"I'm sorry." She whispers.

"At least when I go back I'll get to see Julie. I've missed her so much." I reply.

"I already know she's going to be so happy to see you." She chuckles, walking into the kitchen.

"I don't know. I mean, on the phone we're okay, we avoid talking about us. Since I left on a bad note, it might be a little different."

"So what have you missed while you've been here?" She asks. "You don't tell me much about back home."

"I know about dad's mum, Brooke and Ashton got divorced, Brooke had her son early, and Zoe's having a baby girl."

"Zoe... The one who's kid may be yours?" She questions.

"No, it's Chase's. I knew Zoe and I were careful and that it was barely possible to be mine. Chase is an ass, and assumed she was on the pill, when she wasn't." I reply.

"So you aren't the dad?"

"Yea, I, uh, I'm not the dad." I mumble.

"You wanted it to be yours, didn't you?" She asks.

"Maybe... It's just, Chase is total shit. I know that he probably doesn't care about Zoe being pregnant, I know he won't do anything for her. I mean, I left, I'm not in a better position. But I'm going home now, and I would be there for that baby if it was mine. But it isn't, and Zoe seems okay with doing this on her own, I have to respect her." I tell her.

"Matt, you can still be there for her even if the baby isn't yours."

I sigh, "Not if I'm with Julie. If the baby was mine I'd be able to help Zoe with no problems. But it's not mine. That's okay, like I said, she wants to do this on her own."

"Somebody should talk some sense into this Chase kid." She replies.

"I know! I think my sister still has a thing with him even though he got her best friend pregnant." I tell her.

"Okay, what's wrong with you kids? Now I get why you left. Your family seems like mess."

"We may be a mess, but I have to love these people. I'm stuck with them for life."

-

Mum came by the apartment, she said she wanted to talk to me.

"How've you been doing here?" She asks.

"Great. I love it here." I smile.

"I really wanted to let you stay, Matthew. I know you love this place, I know you don't want to leave. But, for your dad, we need you to come back. We want to think positively about this but it isn't looking good a-and," she pauses to wipe her tears, "we need you back home. We need to stay together as a family for your dad."

"Are you sure you aren't just as upset about this as dad?" I question.

"Of course I'm upset! God, his mum is pretty much my mum. I can't have you gone during this time, we need you around and I'm sorry." She says, trying not to cry.

"I understand. I'm sorry." I whisper, hugging her.

"Don't worry, Matt. It's alright." She quietly says.

"How's dad doing?" I ask.

"Alright, I guess. He's trying to avoid talking about it while we're here. He's terrified something's going to happen while we aren't home." She replies.

"But we're going home in couple days, so it's okay." I weakly smile.

"Yea, we're going home."

-----------------------------------------------------

hi ily