Chapter 38

I should be working on a project but it's boring so I'm updating instead amazing

-----------------------------------------------------

Zoe's P.O.V.

"Zoe are you okay?" Matt panics, coming over to me.

"I-I'll be fine." I mumble, sitting on the sofa and looking up at Chase standing behind Matt.

"Zoe, you're the reason Liv and I aren't together." Chase slurs.

He showed up drunk, I didn't realize at first and let him step inside. Just as Matt was coming downstairs he slapped me, then punched me. They were both to the face, so it's okay, the baby will be okay.

"Chase, I think you should leave." Matt tells him.

"Really? I-" Chase stops when Liv comes walking downstairs, Julie close behind. "Liv, babe!"

"What the fuck is wrong with you!" She exclaims.

"Baby, don't do this." He replies, his words still slurred.

"Liv, stay back, I don't trust this asshole." Matt says, not looking away from Chase.

Julie quickly comes over to me, "Is the baby going to be okay? Do you need ice or anything?"

"Baby will be fine. And I'm fine for now, just wait until he leaves." I whisper.

I'm just trying not to cry. I can't cry, not in front of Chase.

"Leave, now." Matt snaps.

"No. I haven't finished talking to Zoe." He mutters.

"Talking? You hit her!" Matt exclaims.

"That was because that stupid bitch got pregnant with my kid. I don't want a kid." Chase replies.

"Are you kidding me?! Fuck, just get out!" Matt yells.

Chase steps forward, shoving Matt, "Make me."

Matt scoffs, "I'm not going to fight you."

Chase shoves him again, which makes Matt decide he's going to fight him, and punches him.

"I can't watch this." I whisper, covering my eyes and also making sure the few tears that slipped out go unnoticed.

Liv steps in, "Guys stop it! Please, Chase, just leave."

By the time I look up, Chase is at the door and Liv whispers something to him before she's able to push him out the door.

Then they all come over to me.

"Oh my god, Zoe, there's already marks on your face." Liv mumbles.

That's when I finally cry. I'd cry saying I hate my life, and that I really want to die because nobody seems to like me. But I can't.

"Zoe, please don't cry..." Matt quietly says, sitting next to me.

"Chase is right in some weird way, I did get pregnant with his kid and he doesn't want it. That's fair." I choke out.

"He wasn't right when he hit you." Julie replies.

"Can I just- I want to be alone." I mumble, reaching my hand out for somebody to help me up.

"Zoe, don't. Stay, please." Julie says.

I roll my eyes, tears still flowing.

Julie sighs, "Zoe... You know that he doesn't matter. You know that he's a total ass, he always has been and he always will be. And your baby won't need to be involved with him at all, we're all here for you."