Act. 75 Bare Hearts

After dealing with Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune, Ritsuko soon returned home. Standing before the front door of her home. A place where Ritsuko and Helios shared countless memories. Ones filled with so much joy it seemed to make Ritsuko's heart swell at the mere thought. And yet, behind this door was also a place filled with pain. Loss and betrayal, something that threatened to pull apart any happiness Ritsuko had ever felt. Deep down Ritsuko knew no human was ever truly honest with oneself. That was simply human nature, to be cruel to others. And yet she still couldn't fathom someone she loved and trusted doing something so horrid to her. Perhaps that was Ritsuko's fault, believing that she was above the negative emotions of man. After all nothing made her special from everyone else on Earth. They all breathed, bled, and died. And Ritsuko was no different. No matter if the Golden Kingdom no longer stood tall upon the soil. Or the fact that her days of roaming its vast hallways with the title of royalty. Ritsuko was mortal. And was suceptible to the worries of man.

Sucking in a shallow breathe Ritsuko entered her home, the smell of lavander invading her senses. Knowing that infact Helios was burning her favorite insense, for it always seemed to soothe Ritsuko's nerves. And tonight was no different. Quietly Ritsuko leaned against the door, forcing it to close without a sound. Wishing to get abit comfortable before beginning the much needed conversation with Helios. Slipping off her shoes, and beginning to massage her swollen feet. Ritsuko now continued her decent into her home. Passing through the kitchen, grabbing a bottle a water. The young woman decided to enter her bedroom.

The very same one that she and Helios shared. Biting her bottom lip Ritsuko opened the door, only to be greeted by the sight of her beloved. His snow white locks were strewn through with his very fingers. As Helios always seemed to run his fingers through his hair when he was anxious. The handsome priest sat at the edge of the bed. His amber orbs turning towards her,filled with so much joy Ritsuko was afraid he may burst. Raising to his feet Helios took a few steps towards his beloved. A warm smile evident on his lips.

Arms outstretched towards his Princess, hoping that she had forgiven him while away. Stopping his sudden movement Ritsuko shook her head, planting her feet firmly on the ground. Gripping the water bottle in her hand tightly. Ritsuko couldn't give in, not she said what needed to be heard. No matter how badly Ritsuko wished to run into those warm arms of his. Arms filled with love, something Ritsuko desperately craved. But not just from anyone. As she had told Uranus this very night. Ritsuko only had eyes for one person. And that very person hurt her. Yet even so....she loved him. Sensing his beloved was not quite ready to reconcile, Helios took a few steps back. Fixing his posture returning his hands to his sides.

Yet Helios's smile never faded, he welcomed Ritsuko. Even if she didnt wish for their normal affection at the moment. The priest expressed his relief. Knowing that Ritsuko had returned home safe and sound. " I was so worried about you, I felt the power of the Golden Crystal even from here. Were you attacked?" Helios questioned his voice filled with nothing but pure sincerity. Once again catching Ritsuko off guard with his overall gentleness, so much that it almost broke the young maiden to speak out.

Knowing her words could very much effect their relationship here on out. That is if, Helios still chose to be with her after what she said. And also with what Ritsuko wanted. Would she even return to Helios? Or would she leave due to his lies? Biting her bottom lip Ritsuko spoke out, her mind seeming far off in the distance to the priest. As she talked about the appearance of Sailor Uranus. Along with the confrontation with Sailor Neptune. Beginning to scratch the surface of why infact all this transpired. "Why would Neptune attack you? Your her Princess?" Helios asked.

Never truly aware of the soldier's feelings for Uranus. For in fact he was only aware of Sailor Uranus's feelings towards Rhea. He never once thought that maybe someone could possibly be in love with Sailor Uranus as well. " You loved me, Sailor Uranus loved me, and Sailor Neptune loved Uranus....its a whole mess which stems from our pasts." Ritsuko explained with a light sigh as memories of the events forever echoed through her. The emotions. The tears and heartbreak that transpired. Things that should not have happened,all that could have been avoided so long ago.

All with conversation. Snapping her out of her thoughts Helios once again drew near. Their bodies mere inches from one another as he whispered his question to her. Desperately wishing to hear his name on those sweer lips of hers. "Then who do love?" His question bringing Ritsuko to tears. Hiccuping lightly Ritsuko turned her gaze towards Helios, her tearfilled gaze never leaving his amber ones. And through her tears she answered, her voice shaky. Filled with so much pain Helios's very own heart began to ache. "You, I love you Helios. But you...you lied to me. And caused so much uneccesary heartache. Why?" Ritsuko sobbed, her tears breaking down the young priest. Whom had tried so hard to be strong.

To the that kind and truthful man that had fallen head over heels for Ritsuko so long ago. And yet he had failed. Helios had allowed his own insecurities to cloud hia judgment. Believing that if he had spoken out prior about Uranus and her feelings for Rhea that perhaps maybe... Just maybe he could have lost her. The light of his world, Helios's very heart. Beautiful Princess Rhea. For Helios had always feared he was not worthy of such a being.

And today was no different. Gritting his teeth Helios shed silent tears before his beloved. Hoping and praying that if he was now truthful with his thoughts about the situation then perhaps he would be forgiven. And maybe just maybe somehow their relationship could be mended. In truth Helios could not imagine his life without Ritsuko. And if she was infact to turn him away, then there would be no future for him. Peering down towards Helios with tears in her eyes. Ritsuko bid him to speak knowing that his words would either make or break their future.