Act. 98 Remorse

Sobbing into her hands in the home of her parents, Astra sat. Her eyes now puffy due to her tears. And yet they never ceased. The Princess had failed in her quest, and now there was no telling what the concequences would be in this time. All the while receiving a call from Haruka, Sailor Moon's heart dropped. Her hands trembling at the news she had heard. The Moon Princess overcome with grief as the words she dreaded sounded in her mind. "Ritsuko is dead." With this news the "Soldier of Love" quietly entered the condo. Only to hear the heartbreaking sobs of Astra. The young senshi stepping into bedroom to see the broken Princess. Crying into her hands. Saddened of course about losing her father, but what Sailor Moon was unsure of saying was that she had lost her mother as well.

Sailor Moon's best friend. A gentle soul who back when the "Silver Mellenium" stood tall and reigned over the Moon was the first to approve of Princess Serenity's love for Prince Endymion. Even being that Princess Rhea was indeed the sister of the young Prince. And in truth should have been completely against the affair that the two shared. But she wasn't. No. Infact the open-hearted Princess helped the two fall even more inlove. Aiding Princess Serenity many times in her trips to Earth. Even going as far as to disguise the Moon Princess from being recognized by others. Allowing Princess Serenity and Prince Endymion more time together. It was those times where Serenity thanked her luck that she had found a dear friend in the Rhea.

As the two grew fairly close not only in secret, but also during public balls that would be held within the Moon Palace. Hosted back then by none other than Queen Serenity who took those parties as a chance to mingle with future allies of the Moon. In hopes of combatting any threats to the peaceful kingdom. And in many of those parties the two Princesses of different planets would form an incredible bond. Something that the Queen of the Moon saw, but strangely allowed. And yet she was completely against any romantic relationships with the people of Earth. Something that Sailor Moon till this day could not understand. Blinking back her own tears Sailor Moon held back her tears. Knowing that this would be even harder for Astra. And she needed to be strong. Swallowing her own sobs Sailor Moon placed her hand on the shoulder of the sobbing Princess.

Drawing Astra's gaze to hers, the young Princess's cerulean orbs now reddened with tears. Tears that would speed even more once she heard the news about her mother. "Astra it's....it's about Rhea-" Sailor Moon began, the mere mention of her mother making Astra's heart wrench. Knowing all too well of what fate surely awaited her mother. Through her sobs Astra rose to her feet. Her mind a haze as she asked Sailor Moon to take her to where her mother was last. And she did in complete silence, the two women equally grieving for the lost Rhea. The two women soon making their way to Mamoru's apartment. With a press of a button Sailor Moon and Astra entered the building.

Princess Astra stopping just before they were about to enter Mamoru's apartment. The Princess visibly shaken, afraid to see what was beyond the door. To be faced by the impending fate that she tried so desperately to change. But to no avail. Astra's breathing began to quicken, as she gripped onto the doorknob. Only to feel the comforting hand of Sailor Moon. Who smiled through her tears saying "Your not alone Astra, you can face this." With those words Astra turned the doorknob, entering the apartment of Mamoru. It was quiet, the air in the apartment almost stale and devoid of energy. Biting her bottom lip Astra walked around the area being led into the bedroom by Sailor Moon.

Where in that room sitting upon the bed that once belonged to his sister; was Mamoru. His cerulean orbs overcome with tears as he struggled to control himself. All the while on the other side of the bed, crying into its sheets was Haruka. Or Sailor Uranus, the very person that declared she would put her life on the line to or Ritsuko. And where did that lead them? Stepping into the room Astra opened her mouth to speak. Her mouth now suddenly dry, stopping her from speaking. Though Sailor Moon was quick to take the wheel, now peering around them. Questioning where Ritsuko's court was. Knowing that they would never dare leave her side. Those girls loved Rhea with all their hearts. But where were they?

Struggling to cease her own sobs, Haruka stood. Wiping her face free of tears, steadying her breathing before she spoke. "They dissapeared with Ritsuko...." Haruka began as Astra was finally able to find her voice. Stepping towards the bed where her mother once lay. Her cerulean orbs remaining glued to the bed as she spoke. "They were never truly meant to be senshi. The very planet power they all shared was born from the desire to protect my mother....without her there is no reason for them to exsist in this time." Astra began her voice riddled with sorrow and yet held a soft feel to it. As if she herself were trying to console all in the room. "I'm sure they were happy to comfort their Princess in the end." Astra whispered as Sailor Moon shook her head in disbelief. "That's terrible, what will happen now?" Sailor questioned as Astra bit her bottom lip before stating "You and your court will have to face the Dead Moon Circus... though you will be at a disadvantage without Mother." "What about me?" Mamoru asked stepping forward with his hand upon his chest invoking the Golden Crystal Shard he held within him.

"Im afraid with your amount of Dream Power will not be enough for this battle." "Dream Power? Ive never heard of anything like that." Haruka interrupted as Princess Astra gripped onto her star shaped brooch, a look of pure sorrow on her face. "Dream Power is a power that only those with powerful dreams can acquire. Mostly found in the dreams of innocent children, this power is beyond comprehension. It can rival even the might of the Imperial Silver Crystal and the Golden Crystal combined." Astra began to explain, her gaze lingering upon her brooch as she continued. "Being the Mother of Stars,  my mother would have easily been an to tap into this power. And imprison the evil which has come to plague this world. But without her....you all will surely fall. And the future of Earth will fall to ruins. It will be up to me in the future to fix the wrong I have committed. I am...sorry I failed you all." Astra finished, allowing her tears to cascade down her cheeks. Realization hitting her that because of her failure Earth was now in impending doom. All because she was too slow.

With her tears landing upon her star shaped brooch, a brillaint light began to spew from it. Enveloping the entire room in it's majestic glow, before taking a shape of a young man. He stall before them, his body merely a projection. The young man bore robe similar to the ones Helios usually wore. Though the young man's was a deep shade of blue and outlined in gold trim. He also had a sword on his side, all the while the man was fairly handsome. His hair a lovely shade of black though strands of white were evident in his locks. All the while a pair of cerulean orbs bore into Astra's. Eyes she knew all too well. As the projection of the man bowed his head before the group and greeted them. His voice deep and filled with authority almost as if he were a Strategist in war.

"Greetings to you all, though I wish it were on bettwe circumstances. I am Prince Altair, son of Helios and Rhea." Prince Altair greeted his appearence causing Haruka to go wide eyed. Not believing her eyes and ears. Yes she knew the priest was madly inlove with the princess, but they had children? It was crazy. "Things have worsened here Astra. Im aware of the situation there and I may have a suggestion to help." Prince Altair began as Mamoru begged the Prince to spit it out. Desperate to know how to save his sister. "It will be better if I come there myself. I will return to your time shortly." Altair informed ending the communication and the light which faded from Astra's brooch.

The young Princess wishing to do anything to save her family. And she would do it, no matter the cost. Astra swore it. Though until her brother arrived here she and the others would have to wait. And hope the information Altair had to share would be enough to bring Ritsuko and Helios back.