-Six-

Bay worked hard at staying under the radar of those around her. She always did her chores and stayed away from the girls that ruled the group home. Whenever she had to get out of the home for the day, she'd always go to the nearby library and read all day. The librarians didn't care, because she was quiet and never made a mess. It gave her to place to stay away from her fellow group home members and kept her out of the heat.

Bay was saving up any money she found to get herself a new pair of shoes because the pair she had kept getting worse, and they were mostly duct tape and nothing else. She wishes that she had at least taken the shoes Olivia and Elliot had bought her, but she didn't want to take anything from them, because she thought she had already hurt them enough when she was pushing into their lives.

"Bay Hanson." One of the many people who run the group home spoke, and Bay sat up on her bed and quickly followed her towards one of the back offices.

"Am I in trouble?" Bay asked, but the woman shook her head.

"No, you aren't." She sighed, and Bay nodded slowly.

"Okay, then what do you need?" She mused, back.

"Have you noticed anything different about Carol?" She asked, and Bay just stared back at her blankly. She didn't know anyone here. A few names, but she didn't really know who people were, because she didn't want to know anyone or have anyone know her.

"Carol?" Bay asked.

"Yeah, she has your top bunk."

"Oh, I guess she's up a lot at night. Tossing and turning and stuff. Why?"

"She didn't come back last night."

"Oh."

"If you see her or hear anything, come tell me, okay?"

"Yes, ma'am."

[=]

Bay was very interested in what happened with the girl she shared a bunk bed with, so she left for her free hours and went to search for her. While she searched, Elliot and Olivia were walking out of the last group home in New York City.

"We are never going to find her. It's been two weeks, and we are never going to find her." Elliot whimpered, as he got into the passenger seat, while Olivia climbed into the driver's side.

"I'm sure that she's nearby. Let's check out White Plans or Newark?" Olivia asked, and Elliot shrugged.

"Kathy and the kids threw a party to celebrate her getting transferred." Elliot frowned, and Olivia wanted to strangle Elliot's family. He has been sleeping over at Olivia's apartment because his kids and wife have been so unsupportive of him trying to find Bay. Olivia hated to see Elliot so upset and to see him cry nearly every night.

"Elliot, please just remember that in the end, they all love you. Even Bay loves you. I love you." Olivia whispered, and Elliot wiped a tear from his cheek, before leaning over and kissing her lips deeply. She knew she shouldn't have turned her head when she spoke, because she knew he was emotional and not thinking right. He pulled away and ran his fingers over her cheek as she blushed.

"Let's head to Newark. Maybe check out the homes in Elizabeth while we are over there."

[=]

"I was wondering if you've seen a girl about my age, blonde hair, a little shorter than me. She lives over in the group home." Bay ask one of the bodega owners down the road from the group home. Most of the places around here are nice enough to give the group home residence a small discount if they showed the ID that each of them had to carry around, so many of the kids go to the stores nearby to get cheaper food and sometimes use fake state IDs to get cigarettes.

"Does she have a name?" The old man asked, and Bay nodded.

"All I know is that her first name is Carol..."

"Oh yeah, she came in here the other day. It's so sad about what happened to her."

"What happened to her?"

"She got raped. Poor thing is trying to figure out what to do with her baby." He frowned, and Bay's eyes went wide.

"When was the last time you saw her?" Bay breathed.

"Last night. She went towards the homeless shelter."

"Okay, thanks. If you see her, please don't let her leave. Call the home, alright?"

"Gotcha."

[=]

Bay walked into the homeless shelter, and as she walked through the aisles between the beds, she kept trying to find Carol. It took her forever, but then eventually she found her. She was laying down and sleeping.

"Carol," Bay whispered as she squatted down next to her. The girl opened her eyes and shoved a knife against Bay's throat. I guess she thought she was there to steal something, but Bay had had a blade held to her neck before, so she didn't jump too much.

"Hey, I'm from the home. You sleep above me." Bay squeaked a bit, and Carol closed the knife before sitting up.

"Why are you here?"

"You ran away from the home, and I found out about your, well, baby..."

"There is no baby anymore." She sighed, and Bay's eyes went wide again.

"What?"

"I had it this morning and got rid of it. I'll go back to the home. Just leave me alone."

[=]

"Bay Hanson? Yeah, she's one of our girls. She is out on free time, but she'll be back soon." One of the women spoke, and Elliot and Olivia's eyes went wide.

"That's amazing! Does she stay nearby? We need to find her!" Elliot exclaimed.

"Is she in some relation to you?"

"She's my daughter. There were some issues at home regarding her half-siblings and stepmother, and she ran away... well she called her caseworker and lied to him about not being wanted. We want to take her home." Elliot spoke. Olivia's eyes went wide when he said 'we'.

"She should be in the general area."

Elliot and Olivia got Bay's diary, before walking around the area and tried to find her. They walked past a bodega, and then they heard frantic searching in the alley.

"Bay?" Olivia asked, and Bay looked at Olivia and Elliot with tears in her eyes. She stood up from where she was standing and ran to them.

"I need help."

"What? Are you okay?" Elliot asked as he tucked some hair behind her ear.

"Just follow me. I have a few more places to look."

[=]

Bay didn't tell Olivia and Elliot why they were looking for something neither of them knew what it was. Bay also didn't ask why they were here. She just knew that Carol said she put her baby in an alley, but it was probably dead by now. Bay just had to find the baby and get it help, because she can't help but feel bad for the poor innocent baby that was just thrown away.

"Oh my god! Dad! Liv!" Bay screamed, as she knelt down next to a small baby, and quickly took her sweatshirt off to wrap it in it. Olivia and Elliot came running towards her and they saw the small baby and started to freak out just like her.

"Is this-"

"No, it's not my baby! But it needs help. Call the police or something! Please! Dad, please!"

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D