-Twelve-

Elliot and Olivia drove to the River Hotel, and when they arrived there, an ambulance was parked out front, and the EMTs were pushing a gurney towards it.

"Is he still alive?" Elliot called, and the EMTs nodded, before getting in, and as soon as the other one was in the driver's seat, they were speeding off towards the hospital.

"At least he is alive," Olivia spoke, as she unhooked her badge from her pants, and showed it to the officers at the door before she and Elliot headed into the hotel.

"Yeah, it's good. We just gotta hope that he continues to be alive." Elliot spoke. They headed up the stairs once inside, and finding where the crime scene was was decently easy. There was blood in the hallway, all over the walls, and the door was kicked in and the room was completely destroyed.

"So, what do we think happened?" Olivia asked, but then she saw a girl sitting in a chair in the corner, handcuffed and covered in blood. However, the girl was just an older looking version of Bay.

"El," Olivia whispered. Elliot looked over at the girl and swallowed hard.

"Loren Hanson?" Elliot breathed, and the girl's head quickly shot up and looked at Elliot.

"H-how do you know my name?"

"We have a daughter together... Bay."

[=]

"Bay!" Olivia exclaimed as she ran into the apartment. It was dark, and Bay was clearly asleep, but Olivia needed to see her daughter.

"Mom?" Bay yawned, as she came out of her bedroom, her hair a complete mess.

"Oh love," Olivia spoke, before quickly wrapping her arms around Bay and holding her tightly.

"Is Dad okay? What's wrong?"

"He's okay. We are both just a little confused. And concerned. Can you get dressed? We have to take you to the precinct."

"Mom, what is it?!"

"We had to arrest your birth mother tonight... She shot a man."

"No." Bay whimpered, before running to her room and slamming the door.

The woman that just tossed her away, was back. She didn't want anything to do with her, because she couldn't have just given up her way of life to raise her like she deserved to be raised. All she wanted was to forget what happened, because in reality, putting her up for adoption wasn't the best thing for Bay. Just a tiny baby didn't have a chance from the start. And now that Bay has a chance, Loren just popped back into their lives.

[=]

It took a lot of hugs and promises for Olivia to get Bay to leave the apartment to see her birth mother. Bay took a lot of time to shower and get dressed before Olivia had to pull her from the apartment. The whole way, Olivia held Bay's hand and kept telling her that she loved her and that no matter what happened, Loren gave her up and didn't have any right to her anymore. Elliot is her father, and that she would be her mother. They were a family, perfect or not, they were a family.

"Dad," Bay whispered as she and Olivia walked into the squad room. Elliot sat down his mug and walked over to his daughter. He held her close as she started to cry again. He could feel her shaking in his arms, and he knew she was completely terrified about what was going to happen when she met her mother. Bay didn't even know if her mother had held her before she gave her up, or if her name was just one her caseworker threw on her before they shipped her to her first foster home.

"Love, everything will be completely okay. I'm sure your mother told you that, but it's true."

"Where is she?" Bay questioned, as she stepped back and wiped the tears from her cheeks with the long sleeves of her sweatshirt.

"In an interrogation room. You can stand outside and just see her if you don't want to talk to her."

"I want to talk to her and rip her head off for giving me up." Bay spat, before stomping off.

[=]

Bay watched as Loren sat in the interrogation room. Her face was bruised and her makeup smeared all over her face. She was wearing an NYPD sweatshirt, but Bay could still see the skimpy outfit underneath it. She took a shaky breath, before grabbing the doorknob and opening the door. Loren looked up and stared at Bay as she walked in.

"You are not a detective." She huffed.

"No, I'm your kid," Bay replied, as she leaned against the wall and stared down the woman that gave her up for adoption.

"Bay?" Loren breathed, and Bay nodded.

"Do you have other kids? Is that why you were just questioning my name?"

"No... you are my only kid. I-"

"So my Mom came home and woke me up. She said that they found you. Did you shot someone? Now, don't answer me because I'm not a detective, but I want to know why you just put me up for adoption. If it was such an issue, you should've used a condom. Jasmine? Right? That is your name when you are working? Somehow a few people found out who you were, and they started to tease me."

"I was 19 when I had you, Bay. I couldn't keep you. And you would've grown up to be a prostitute. My pimp would've made you."

"My name... why did you name me Bay? It's a weird name."

"Your grandfather used to take me to Lake Michigan my whole life when I lived in Chicago. I called it the bay, and it was very important to me. Nicole was my mother's name."

"Did you run away? Did they not treat you well?" Bay huffed, and Loren shook her head. She hated to hear so much hatred in her daughter's voice when she talked to her.

"My mother died of cancer, and my father couldn't live without her, so he killed himself. I lived with my grandmother, but I moved her. I wanted you, but I couldn't keep you."

"Sure. Well, I'm gonna let you talk to my parents. Detective Benson is my mother, even if she didn't adopt me. And Elliot, he's my father. I love him and her so much, so don't you dare try to fuck it up."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D