-Forty-Seven-

Bay packed up her stuff and waited quietly for Wes to get done showering. He walked out in his pajamas and saw that Bay's bag was beside her on the bed.

"Why the hell are you so ready to just not spend the weekend with me? I've done all of that boring shit with you, and now when I want to spend the weekend with you where we can make love without your parents walking in on us, you bail!" Wes spat, and Bay stood up at tears welled in her eyes.

"My mother is in labor. I need to get back home to her. If you would've just listened to me before saying those nasty things to me, I think the car ride would have been more enjoyable!" Bay yelled.

"Is she okay?" Wes asked, and Bay shook her head.

"She's in pain, and I need to get to her. But I'm going to call a cab or something. I'm not riding three hours with you in your fucking truck."

[=]

Bay was crying when she walked out of Wes' room, and Wes' mother told her that she'd drive her back to Manhattan to be with her mother. It was late, so the drive wasn't going to take as long because there was less traffic, and that made Bay feel a little bit better.

"Are you and Wes okay?" Shannon asked as she looked over at Bay.

"I'm just a really shitty girlfriend..." Bay replied quietly.

"No, you aren't. You are the best girl that Wes has ever dated. You understand his handicap. And you can actually stand to be around him even though he eats a ton and talks a lot." She replied.

"All I wanted to do was be at home when my sister is born. This is a huge deal to me. I'm going to have a sister." Bay replied quietly.

"It makes it even more important to you since this is the first sibling you are gonna know since she is born. And Olivia is your mother, she's been with you through everything."

"She sat beside me while I was so close to dying. She never gave up on me when I was depressed and when I was in a wheelchair. I just don't think Wes understands that. I just think he thinks that I'm ditching him because I don't want to spend time with him. I want to be with him and spend time with him, it's just right now wasn't the right time to go away." Bay replied. She looked at Wes' mom, and Shannon smiled softly.

"I'll talk to him, honey. Because I really don't want to lose you either. You are such a sweet girl and I think that you are perfect for my son." Shannon smiled. Bay nodded slowly before looking at her phone. She kept praying that she wouldn't get a signal and find out that she had missed everything.

[=]

There was an accident on the highway, and the time it took to get to the hospital had been extended by nearly a half hour. Once Shannon had pulled up to the hospital, Bay was out and using her cane as much as possible to get her into the hospital as fast as possible. But she stopped by the doors when she felt her phone vibrate in her hand. She took it out hesitantly and unlocked it. She felt tears streamed down her cheeks when she saw a picture of her new baby sister being held by Maureen. Bay locked her phone before slowly leaning against the wall of the hospital. She sank down onto the ground and started to sob.

She was hating herself so much for not getting here in time. For not canceling her weekend with Wes so that she could be close enough to Manhattan that she could take care of her mother.

"Honey? Are you okay?" Shannon asked as she walked up to Bay.

"I didn't even get to hold my sister first." Bay whimpered.

"I'm so sorry, Bay. Do you want to wait a bit before heading up?" Shannon asked, and Bay nodded. Wes' mother sank down beside Bay and wrapped her arm around her shoulders and held her to her side as Bay continued to cry.

They sat there for a while before they got up and walked into the hospital, but Bay's heart still felt so heavy because that guilt was still very evident.

[=]

"Bay!" Elliot exclaimed as he saw his daughter limping down the hall towards him. He quickly ran down the hall and pulled her into his arms and held her close.

"I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner, Dad. Is Mom okay? Noelle?" Bay asked.

"They are both perfectly fine. Your siblings are with them right now. Do you want to go join them?" Elliot asked, and Bay shook her head.

"No... We've been on the road for over three hours, and I kinda want to go wash my face real quick and use the bathroom. Just don't tell her I'm here yet so she doesn't worry."

"Where's Wes?" Elliot asked, and Bay swallowed hard.

"He's still at the lodge. His mom drove me... And don't expect him to be around. I don't think he'll want to date me after I ditched him." Bay sighed before she limped away and towards the bathroom.

Elliot saw Shannon and he walked towards her and smiled.

"Thanks for bringing my kid here. I'll give you some gas money." Elliot spoke, but Shannon shook her head.

"Don't worry about it. Uh, she feels really guilty about not making it here on time. And she's upset that she didn't get to hold the baby first." Shannon spoke, and Elliot frowned because he had completely forgotten on the pact that he, Olivia, and Bay had made.

"Shoot... I forgot. Uh, I'm gonna go ask the kids to leave the room so Bay can see Olivia and the baby alone. Tell Wes that Bay didn't mean to be worried the whole time. It's just who she is."

"I know that, and he does too. He was just kinda disappointed. Congrats on the new baby."

[=]

Once Bay left the bathroom, she walked down the hall and saw her siblings all sitting outside of Olivia's room.

"Is she okay?" Bay asked, and Maureen nodded as she looked over at Bay.

"She is. Dad said that it was your time to meet our sister." Maureen smiled.

"Oh, you guys didn't have to leave. Come on... she's our sister, not just mine." Bay replied.

"We've been hogging her for the last few hours, it's your turn now," Maureen replied, and Bay slowly turned and walked back to the room as her nerves got to her again.

Not only was she worried about how angry her mother might be with her, but she was nervous that she'd be a horrible big sister to Noelle.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D