-Nine-

16 Years Ago

Elliot laughed bitterly as Kathy continued to scream at him. They had been okay earlier, but after Kathy said that Elliot had no right to be angry at her for sleeping with another man, after getting the DNA results back, and finding out that Kathleen isn't even his kid, they weren't okay anymore.

"So, I'm the bad guy? I'm not the one who went and fucked another person! Was being a mother and wife just too fucking boring for you?" Elliot yelled, as he stood up off of the couch and stared at his pregnant wife. Of course, this whole Kathleen thing had to come out now when they had just found out that they were having twins.

"We didn't even love each other, Elliot! Maureen was just a mistake, and I didn't want to be forced into living a lie with you! But then I got pregnant, and I had no choice!"

"You didn't have to sleep with another man!" Elliot cried, which woke up his daughters. The year old and two year old started to cry upstairs, and Kathy smacked him hard against his chest.

"Look what you did." She spat, and Elliot rolled his eyes.

"Sure this is all my fault. I just found out that my youngest isn't even my child." Elliot huffed, as he flopped down onto the couch. Kathy threw her hands in the air before stomping up the stairs of their house.

Elliot stood and grabbed his keys, wallet, and jacket, before leaving the house. He needed space, and he also wanted revenge. He wanted to make Kathy feel like he was feeling because when it comes to his girls, finding out that one of them isn't even his makes him feel like absolute shit.

[=]

Elliot drove around New York City. He tried to find someone that he was willing to cheat on Kathy with. Like, he absolutely loves his wife and the life he has, but he didn't expect that his wife would ever cheat on him. But she did, and he needed to be even.

He pulled down a street and saw a bunch of women walking around in very revealing clothing. He drove up next to a girl that looked of age, but probably just barely 18. He didn't know why, but at only a little over 21, he didn't want some really old woman.

"Hey, mister. How are you doing?" The girl smiled, as Elliot rolled down his window.

"How much do you cost?" Elliot asked nervously.

"First time?" She sighed, and Elliot swallowed hard.

"With a girl like you, yes. But not in general."

"Five hundred for the rest of the night. Or 100 for an hour." She spoke, and Elliot cringed a bit. He was really regretting his plan, but he needed to do this. For some reason, revenge was all he wanted.

"I have $50 on me..."

"Then half an hour it is." She smiled, as she opened the door to Elliot's car and climbed in. Elliot bit his lip as he pulled away.

Well, this could be the end of his marriage.

[=]

Elliot sat on the edge of the cheap hotel room that he had brought the girl back to. She was sleeping, and he felt like absolute shit. He had used money from the shared bank account he has with his wife to hire a prostitute, and now he didn't even know why he wanted revenge.

"What's your name?" Elliot asked when he heard her start moving.

"What?" She questioned, as she sat up and started to search for her clothes.

"Your name... what is it?"

"It can be whatever you want, darling." She smiled, as she started to get dressed again.

"No, like before you became a prostitute..." He whispered.

"Why do you even care?" She questioned.

"Just, please."

"Loren Hanson. But that was in the past. I'm Jasmine now." She spoke, as she slipped her heels on. Elliot nodded as he stood before grabbing his wallet. He handed her the money, before going into the bathroom with all of his stuff. He took a shower, and when he walked out, she was gone. And he was feeling even more like shit. Now that he knew that she was once someone. That she is someone's daughter... He was just overly emotional about this all and he knew he had to just get home and be with his wife and kids.

Even if Kathleen isn't his daughter.

[=]

9 Months Later

"Loren, do you want to hold your daughter?" A nurse asked as she swayed in her spot with the small baby girl in her arms.

"When can they take her away?" Loren asked as she looked at the nurse. She wanted to hold the baby, but she didn't want to get attached. Just thinking about having to give up her baby and go back to her pimp was killing her, but she couldn't afford to not be a prostitute, and raising a baby would be expensive.

"In two days. So, even if you are giving her up, you can still spend time with her." The nurse spoke, and Loren nodded.

"I guess..."

The nurse smiled as she walked towards the girl. She laid the small baby in her arms. It was clear that she hadn't had any prenatal care, because her daughter was small. So very small. She only weighed 5 pounds, even at full term.

"Can I name her too?" Loren whispered as tears welled in her blueish green eyes.

"You can. Whoever she ends up with can change her name, but if that will help, you can name her."

"I want her name to be Bay..."

"That's a pretty name."

"My dad, before he killed himself, used to take me to the water all the time. I lived in Chicago before I moved here, and even if it was Lake Michigan, I called it the bay." Loren breathed, as tears ran down her cheeks as she looked at her daughter. 

"Middle name?" The nurse asked, and she was honestly hoping for another story. Something she could write down to tell the adoption agency.

"Nicole. My mother's name... she died from cancer the year before my father died. I lived with my Grandmother for a while, but the day I turned 17, I moved here. I'm just barely 19, and now I have a baby and I'm a bad person..." Loren whimpered. She started to cry as she thought about her little girl not having a mother. She was going to pray like crazy that her daughter would get adopted and know the love she knew before her parents died.

"Bay Nicole Hanson. It's a beautiful name. I'll leave you two, and I'll go fill out her birth certificate. Bond with her, Loren. Even if you aren't keeping her, she needs you right now." 

The nurse left and Loren laid her daughter against her chest. She placed gentle kisses to her dark brown hair and sighed.

"I love you, Bay... and I'm so sorry." 

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D