-Forty-Two-

Noelle's name was announced to the rest of the kids and they happily agreed that their baby sister now had the perfect name. Bay took some pride in that because it was the name she decided on.

But even as the happiness continued in the family, Bay started to feel weird. She didn't know why she felt weird, she just did. She was never really good in regards to being incredible happiness because her whole childhood lacked any happiness at all together. But now she was really happy. She was dating a boy who she loved with all her heart, and she was getting a baby sister, and her parents still loved her.

She still had a feeling, in the pit of her stomach, that something was wrong and was going to go wrong. Horribly wrong. So she tried to keep her hopes down so that she wouldn't be disappointed.

"How was your date?" Olivia questioned, as she leaned against the wall at the bottom of the stairs. Bay had gone out to dinner and a movie with Wes for an anniversary date of sorts, even though neither of them really knew when they started to date because even if Wes asked her to start dating him at her parent's wedding, they were together long before that.

"It was good," Bay replied, as she ran her hand over her hip. She was going to physical therapy four times a week but walking with heels on had caused some more pain in her already aching hip.

"You aren't smiling." Olivia frowned, as she walked over and sank down beside her daughter. Bay shrugged a bit before leaning down and slipping the only pair of heels she owns off, before slowly standing to put them away.

"Bay, are you okay? You've kinda lost some of that... sparkle... since we told your siblings about Noelle's name nearly a month ago." Olivia spoke, as her daughter leaned down and put her heels in their spots.

"I'm fine, Mom. Don't worry about it." Bay replied. She slowly walked back to her mother and sat beside her once again.

"When you tell me not to worry about something, I end up worrying about it. So, spill." Olivia sighed. Bay leaned back against the couch and ran her fingers through her hair and worked a few tangles out of her hair.

"I'm just kinda scared... you know... that something bad might happen. That Wes might stop loving me and want to break up with me. That Loren might decide she doesn't want me involved anymore, and I already love my little brother. That you and Dad will decide that you don't want me staying here anymore. I'm just confused and scared." Bay sighed. Olivia reached over and grabbed her daughter's hand before squeezing it.

"I can't have you living as if life is going to just fuck you over all the time. You need to be happy and I need you to be happy too. Promise me that you will just push all of your worries and fears beside and just take everything as it comes."

"Mom, it's not that simple. I'm still living in a place where I'm shocked about what has happened."

"That you have two parents that love you with all of their hearts?" Olivia breathed, and Bay laughed softly before sighing and leaning over a bit. She kissed her mother's cheek gently before sighing.

"Dad is going to be worrying if you don't get back up to bed."

"He can worry all he wants. He'll be okay when he finds out that I was just taking care of our kid."

"Mom-"

"Do you have anything else you need to talk about?"

"Mom, go to bed. Please. I'm fine. I love you."

"Okay, I love you too. Just come to me if you need anything at all."

"I plan on it."

[=]

"How is your hip feeling?" Kayla, the physical therapist, asked.

"It hurts like hell." Bay huffed a bit, but she kept her voice low so that Olivia and Wes wouldn't hear her.

"Have you been taking your medicine?" Kayla questioned, a scolding look on her face. If Bay wasn't taking her medication, that meant her hip was going to hurt like hell.

"Yeah." Bay lied, as she stared at her therapist.

"Bay."

"Okay, no, I stopped taking my medicine. I did it because I don't want to end up a junkie or something."

"You were written a prescription for that medicine because you were in incredible pain. Now, start taking it again or else I will go out and tell your-"

"My mother and father know that I am not taking it anymore, Kayla." Bay spat. Her face felt hot from anger and from embarrassment.

"And they never told me?!" Kayla huffed, and Bay quickly got up from the mat she had been doing one of her exercises on, and she gathered her stuff to leave. Kayla grabbed her by her arm and stopped her.

"Okay. Okay. Don't leave. Get on the balance bar. Try to walk it and then you can go."

Bay did what Kayla said before gathering up her stuff and walking out into the hall. Wes opened the door for her and passed her her cane. Bay always needed her cane after PT because she felt so weak and needed help walking.

"Hey, how did it go?" Olivia asked, as she stood up and went to approach Bay, but Bay turned and started to walk down the hall by herself.

Wes and Olivia exchanged glances before following Bay.

[=]

"Are you okay?" Wes breathed, as he and Bay hung out in her room, the door open to comply with the new rule.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She sighed.

"Bay, you aren't. What happened during PT?" He asked.

"Kayla was just being a bitch. She got angry at me for not taking my medicine and said she'd tell my parents because she thought I didn't discuss it with them."

"Babe, you are in pain. All the fucking time. You try and hide it, but I know you are in pain. Can't you just take the stuff occasionally to help take the edge off?" Wes replied.

"Loren used to do drugs. What if one day I ended up just taking the pills to take them? You wouldn't want to be with me and love me anymore because I'd be a fucking mess."

"You aren't her, Bay. And I want you to stop thinking you are. She's clean, has a baby, and is dating a guy who is helping her stay clean. You won't get addicted to the drugs."

"You don't know, Wes," Bay whispered as she turned to look at him. He frowned before walking over to her and hugging her tightly.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D