Part One

Part One

Life is very unpredictable, we plan and plan but it has it’s own plans for us and when life strikes it shatters our dreams and plans but maybe it definitely has something stored for us and we don’t understand it. This worldly life is supposed to be a test for a believer, but will the believer be able to pass it?

Someone was asking same question and questioning Allah where is this all leading to or what’s going to happen. She shivered as she recalled the day it started.

"Baji baji where are you?" A excited voice could be heard.

"Allah Miyan! what’s wrong with you Humaira?" Someone replied in irritated tone.

"Zoya Baji!" Humaira whined, Zoya turned to face her sister with a smile, her sister was petite, with fair complexion, hazel eyes that she got from their mother and chocolate brown hair that reached till her hips and 5 feet  tall , on the other hand Zoya was 5.2' with fair complexion ,dark brown eyes with dimples tucked under her cheeks , dull black hair that were shorter than Humaira's, for her Humaira was perfect and she was average. She shook her head, she sometimes got jealous of her own sister.

"Zoya baji I have some latest news" Humaira said wriggling her eyebrows funnily.

"What?" Zoya asked knowing well when she uses this action, she has some news that’s important for her.

"They agreed for the proposal and Abbu thinks he is suitable for you and today they are coming again to fix the date of Nikha" Humeira said shocking Zoya.

"No way I don’t like him uff I don’t like this when Abbu thinks he knows me well" Zoya was shocked.

"Baji , Abbu asked you and you said he is good!" Humaira reminded her.

"What am I supposed to say infront of all 'No I dislike your son for no particular reason' or something else?" Zoya glared at Humaira and sat on bed.

"Baji that's the point you don't have any reason to say No, he is a good guy!" Humaira stated resting her hand on her hip. She was two years younger to Zoya and behaved more maturely than her.

"I don't know Humi, I don't know what I want but not this..." Zoya huffed.

"Baji maybe you are just nervous and as its new for you ...so that's why you are feeling like this.." Humaira tried to understand her sister's state of mind and tried to reason with her.

"I don't know.." Zoya sighed, she didn't feel any connection with this person, off course she won't feel anything having restrained herself from any interaction with opposite gender and just by meeting him once she can't feel anything but she can't explain that feeling that he is not the one. Humaira stared at her sister as various emotions played on her face, she did understand that her sister is feeling something that she can't explain but then again she doesn't know what to do.

"Baji if you really don't want this go and talk to Abbu" she suggested.

"What will I explain to him? How will I explain to him? You were right I don't have any reason to give.." Zoya let out a frustrated sigh. Humaira shook her head and picked up the newspaper from the table and walked towards couch giving her sister time to sort out her thoughts. She narrowed her eyes as she noticed Zoya muttering something under her breath continuously, she inched closer to her curiously.

"Allah do anything but I don’t want this Nikha please stop this ...please do anything" Zoya muttered and prayed.

"Baji kuch bhi (anything)... " Humeira rolled her eyes as she heard her sister.

"Ahaan see whose pic is there on front page" Humeira said gaining Zoya’s attention. Zoya looked at her with bored expression, she had better things to worry about like how to stop the engagement with the guy she finds no fault in, than guessing the celebrity on front page.