Part Eighteen

Part Eighteen

"Aah" He hissed in pain as he tried to move, his body squeezing in pain, he felt the soft mattress beneath him and a warm comforter covering him. Where was he? He tried to open his eyes, the vision was blurry from his narrowed eyes, his face hurt most , he lifted his hand hissing in pain and touched his face, he could feel the swelling on it, his body was on fire, he pushed the comforter from his body, hissing in pain as the comforter slid over the bandages covering the wounds. He closed his eyes feeling drained of every ounce of energy. The night's incidents flashing in his mind, they found him , how? he had no idea , he had pulled the wool over their eyes for months and yet they found him, And what an eventful encounter it had been.

"Bastards" He grumbled feeling the swelling on face with his hand, everyone knows the pride he took over his handsome face.

"How are you feeling today Arbaaz?" He groaned , that voice and it's holder, he hated the man and the feelings were mutual. He hated the fact that he had come to this man to escape and save himself.

"How did this happen to you?" Asad asked observing Arbaaz's wounded form, whoever it was , had something against Arbaaz, they had taken out their revenge well, Asad concluded as he observed the swollen and bruised face, the bruise on his arms and bandaged foot visible as he was dresses in one of Asad's sleeveless t-shirt and shorts, more prominent were the injuries on his face, it was swollen and bruised to an extent that his face wasn't recognizable, he wouldn't have recognized him if it wasn't for his voice, how couldn't he recognize the voice, the blackmailer , Asad thought bitterly.

"Who did this to you?" Asad asked. Arbaaz tried his best to glare at Asad with his swollen eyes. He tried to retort but coughed, his throat felt parched. He looked at the bottle of water and tried to sit up. Asad stood watching him struggle.

"Egoistic" he muttered moving forward to help. Arbaaz huffed indicating he didn't need Asad's help. Asad stopped and smirked as he watched Arbaaz struggle and hiss in pain. He bent forward picking up the bottle.

"You need to sit up first to drink water" Asad said, Arbaaz knew that Asad knew well he couldn't sit up without help. Asad settled comfortably on end of bed watching Arbaaz with satisfaction. 

"What happened Arbaaz , isn't your ego helping you to sit up?" Asad asked sarcastically.

"Get lost" Arbaaz's feeble voice reached his ears.

"Dearest elder brother, FYI this is my house" Asad replied. Arbaaz huffed trying to sit up only to end up groaning in pain.

"I don't see where your ego goes when it comes to begging money" Asad said sarcastically.

"I see you are awake" Hajira Phuphu said entering the room. Arbaaz arranged his features, Asad raised his eyes mouthing 'Actor' to which Arbaaz painfully rolled his eyes as if saying ' look who is talking ' , Asad bit back his smile agreeing with Arbaaz as he himself arranged his face to the one filled with care.

"How are you feeling beta?" She asked unaware of their exchange.

"Every inch is paining" Arbaaz said and coughed to gain sympathy, Asad wasn't shocked, instead he stood there with bored expression, he knew Arbaaz well enough and it was something he did as long as he remembers, every time acting like a sympathetic case.

"Beta give him water" Hajira said pointing at the bottle in Asad's hand.

"Yeah Phuphu, but first Arbaaz Bhai has to sit up" Asad said making Arbaaz frown. Asad came forward to help Arbaaz sit up, he did  with such care that Arbaaz was baffled. Asad helped him lean back against the pillows. Hajira Phuphu left as her cell rang and Arbaaz shouted in pain as Asad shrugged him little harshly. He glared as Asad smiled in satisfaction. His throat was parched and he eyed the bottle, Asad sighed and passed his water, he was having difficulty in holding the bottle, Asad came forward helping him drink water.