Part Twenty-four

Part Twenty Four.

"Sama?" Hajira called out entering the dark room.

"Why are you awake beta?" She asked as she noticed the silhouette near the window. Hajira switched on the lights, Sama was sitting with her knees drawn closer, on window sill.

"What is it beta?" Hajira asked keeping a hand on her head. Sama shook her head not turning to look at her mother.

"You can share with me" Hajira said softly, sitting next to her , on the sill.

"Why Mom?" Hajira frowned in confusion.

"What?"

"Why did you assume things by yourself with such confidence that you filled my mind that I was to marry Asad?"

"Beta" Hajira looked at her sadly.

"Don't Mom, don't tell me he is wrong!"

"He was never bound to you, Never did Mamu or Mami asked for my hand , instead they suggested proposals for me which you never told me, because you didn't want to change your mind! You were thinking people to bend according to your wish!"

"Sama!"

"No mom, today you have to listen, we need to clear your misconceptions!"

" Did his parents tell you they want me to marry Asad? Answer me!"

"No"

"Did they suggest other proposals even after your declaration without consulting them or Asad?"

"Sama stop"

"Mom today I need answers"

"Yes or No?"  Hajira sighed.

"Yes" Sama shook her head disappointedly.

"Did Asad ever asked for my hand? Did he ever hinted?" Hajira shook her head.

"Wait did you ever asked him will he marry me or Ever consulted his parents?" Hajira looked down guilty.

"So which part wasn't clear to you? What was difficult to understand that you kept filling your daughter's mind, you kept forcing her to think that if she ever marries it's only Asad!"

"Sama you don't understand.."

"No Ma, you don't"

"You were expecting them to just go along with your wishes, you can't control other's lives! Not everyone is like dad!"

"What do you mean?"

"You do things as you please, you don't even consult him and you expect him just accept whatever you decide and he has been doing so to save the relationship"

"Sama you are crossing your line"

"Sorry if I did Mom, but you need to understand, you can order me , Sadiq and Sadiqa around even Dad but you can't force others and expect them to do as you wish" Sama looked away from her mother disappointed with her and regretful of her behavior with Asad, she had no rights to question him, she let her mother fill her mind and thought Asad was answerable to her.

"Leave him and Zoya alone mom" She said with a heavy heart, how will she ever get over someone who was never hers to begin with.

"Zoya isn't right for him" Hajira stated.

"Mom you need to stop that"

"You don't know anything about her, she isn't correct for Asad" Hajira related about the rumors. Sama's eyes widened.