Part Fifty-Four

As-Salam-u-Alaikum,
Here's another update.
I won't be asking anything as you people don't reply or comment,
It's discouraging to see couple of or no words of appreciation at all, no words of encouragement or sharing of your views. It feels like you people aren't intrested in this story, if that is so please atleast use a bit of your energy to type that and I would gladly not spend my energy on this story and trouble you people to read something you aren't interested in.

Go through some trouble to let me know you don't want to read it. It will save both of our time, you won't be reading anything and I won't be writing anything.

Part Fifty Four

"Not coming?" Asad asked as she sat on bed without getting ready for office. He thought she would finally decide to step out as it's been a week. She looked dull, her eyes had dark circles. He came forward and kept back of his palm against her forehead and then neck, he felt her hot skin and quickly brought the thermometer, Zoya relented having no energy to argue, he sighed checking the temperature, she was running a fever.

"You should rest but first let's get you some breakfast and a paracetamol." Asad cajoled. She shivered due to the cold weather, Asad grabbed her sweater from wardrobe and helped her wear it, she silently followed him to downstairs feeling drained.

Asad waited until she had her breakfast and medicine before getting up to leave for office. He bent down and dropped a kiss on her head.

"Rest, I will see you at lunch, okay?" She tried to smile.

"Shall I call Ammi to give you company?" She shook her head in negative. Asad noticed her dull face, she didn't look okay with his departure.

"Want me to stay home?" He asked softly, she nodded without hesitation. Asad mentally revised his schedule, there weren't any meetings today, he only had to work on few things. He decided to stay back with Zoya. He assured her , he was staying back with her, Zoya gave him a weak smile, resting her head on his thigh as he sat on table using his phone. He called Prasad on his cell and informed he and Zoya won't be coming to office and he wished to be informed about the day after the office ends.

Zoya sat on bed wrapping a blanket around herself, Asad went to get her a bottle of lukewarm water to drink, he kept the thermos bottle on the side table and sat beside her.

"Shall we meet the doctor?" She shook her head in negative.

"It's just flu, I will be fine." She assured in hoarse voice. Asad's cell rang before he could convince Zoya to get a check up done. He took out his phone from the pant pocket. He was about to get up but Zoya held his hand , stopping him, she saw the caller ID too.

"As-Salam-u-Alaikum Haider" Asad greeted receiving the call.

"Wa-Alaikum-Assalam, are you free tomorrow?"

"Umm, I guess so, why?"

"I have all the information, we can discuss the case with Bhabhi and her father too."

"But.." Asad wasn't sure how Zoya would take it, he had worked a lot to bring her out of her shell, it would be like pushing her back in it.

"They need to know for their own safety and maybe they could help." Haider added before Asad could refuse. Asad relented, asking him what time would he arrive, he ended the call.

"Asad?" Zoya looked at him questioningly.

"Maybe tomorrow you will have answers to all of your questions." He replied with a tight-lipped smile. Zoya felt a sense of foreboding surroundings her.