Part Thirty-seven

Part Thirty-seven

Asad changed into his tracks, picked up his file and walked towards his study. He had no remorse for what he told Zoya, she can't just dictate their marriage as she wishes, she wants it then she doesn't, he won't be waiting for her all the time. He has always been known for impatience and for Zoya he had made an exception, tried his best to be patient with her but the limit has been crossed and now Zoya will see who Asad Ahmed Khan is and what he can do.

He was typing his presentation, someone knocked on the door, he looked up from his laptop, could it be Zoya? What is she here for? Maybe to apologise and try to make up for the past weeks or what if she agrees with his decision and is going to leave easily. These thoughts angered him and he decided to ignore her.

"Sir, can I come in?"  It was Tara, he sighed and allowed her in.

"Can't we have reporting session later?" He asked typing furiously that it wasn't Zoya , she didn't come it only proves she doesn't give a damn.

"Sir, it's later than usual." She said, Asad sighed and connected the video call.

"Why late today?" Haider asked as he appeared on screen.

"Had work" Asad spoke dismissively.

"So, what's the news?" He asked as Asad turned the laptop so it could face Tara, she reported about the day. She would brief everyday about the happenings in the house and around the house.

"So everything normal"

"Yes Sir!"

"Okay, you can leave" Asad said, but Tara hesitated. Asad questioned her what's the matter?

"She had been distressed over couple of days and today after the call made in evening" Asad dismissed her.

"So you decided what you are doing?" Haider asked.

"I guess so.. it's time I take a solid step" Asad replied.

"Did you speak to Zoya?"

"Yes and No, I haven't been exact ..."

"Asad are you sure you want to take this step? I feel guilty of pushing you towards it, I mean she will be hurt , I know it's your personal life but she is part of it.. " Haider stopped as Asad shook his head.

"I know what I am doing, enough of being considerate and thinking about others, it's high time, I think about myself " Haider sighed and nodded. Asad ended the call and continued his presentation but he couldn't push Zoya's brokenhearted image from his mind, he shut the laptop and went out. He didn't find Zoya in their room or any other room. He quickly approached Tara's room, it was the first room near the entrance. He knocked on her door.

"Have you seen Zoya?"

"She went to your room after that I entered my room." She replied.

"Everything okay, sir?" Asad thought, where she could be, off course she didn't leave the house, he would know if she did.

"Yeah" He replied, hoping he guessed right , she must be there. He went through backyard and approached the outhouse, it was locked from inside, he couldn't peek inside, the window glass would prevent anyone to look inside. He tried opening the door but it wasn't opening.

"Zoya! Open the door!" He shouted, he began panicking if she had taken a wrong step, he shook his head, no, she didn't take any wrong step last time and she wouldn't do it this time too. But what if someone has attacked her. 

"Zoya please!" He banged on the door. There was no response, he decided to call watchman for help in breaking the door. But to his relief he heard the bolt being pulled down, he sighed as he was face to face with Zoya, he quickly checked her for injuries and hugged her, finding her fine.