Part Twenty three

Part Twenty Three

"Zoya beta" Zainab was trying to calm a hysterical Zoya. She was on ground, her knees drawn closer, arms wrapped around her legs and head rested on the knees. She was sobbing uncontrollably.

"What happened tell me, please" She couldn't hold back her tears as she watched Zoya breaking down.

"Baji please"

"Zoya beta , please tell us what happened, please stop crying" Zeenat tried. Asad watched her shocked,  what happened that got her hysterical, did someone tell her about the accident and she started blaming herself again.

"Baji please have some water" Humaira was holding water bottle.

"What happened?" He asked nearing them.

"Zoya, what's the matter?" She didn't even look at him.

"Don't know beta, I came here to check on her and she was slumped on ground crying her eyes out " Zainab replied.

"Did any one mention about what happened at gents side" he carefully asked.

"No Bhai, we didn't" Humaira replied.

"She isn't listening or telling us what happened" Zeenat said worriedly.

"Let me " He said looking at Zainab, she was hesitant in leaving Zoya.

"Please Ammi" he said trying to assure her, Zeenat squeezed Zainab's shoulder blinking at her, reluctantly she left with Zeenat, Humaira closed the door behind them.

"Zoya" Asad crouched next to her. She didn't hear him, Asad kept his palm on her  hands trying to get her notice his presence and look up.

"Zoya look at me" He tried to get her lift her head.

"Zoya!" He pulled her hands away that forced her to look up, he was startled by her appearance, her eyes were swollen and red rimmed, tears wouldn't stop. He cupped her face.

"Shh" He wiped away her tears from her cheeks , they were replaced by another set of tears.

"Asad" her voice hoarse due to the crying.

"Yes , tell me why are you crying?" He asked tenderly, she only sobbed harder.

"Zoya"

"Go away" she pushed him away, he stumbled.

"Z.."

"Stay away!" She screamed, Asad wondered was she having another fit like the one she had during the day.

"Zoya calm down, tell.."

"I said stay away!" Asad got up and pulled to stand on her feet.

"Leave me.." she tried wrench her hand from his grasp.

"Enough" he gritted holding her arms and Zoya went still. The tears still kept falling from her eyes.

"Stop crying" he ordered worried about someone hearing them. She was breathing heavily, he never means to frighten her but she wouldn't get to her senses unless he uses his anger. He softened watching her face , she was hiccuping. He gave her water bottle, she refused, he glared and she sat on chair and lifted bottle to drink. Asad sighed watching her, what could have got such reaction from her.

"Better?" He asked, she gave him the bottle back and stood up.

"Now tell me why are you crying?" He asked wiping her tears again. She shook her head.

"Zoya I need to know why are you crying, unless I know how can I help you?" He cajoled.

"Please"