Part Sixty-four

Part Sixty-Four

"You mean..."

"It was not Akram" Asad spoke. He had called Haider early morning saying he needed to discuss something important about the case.

"But.."

"I don't know Haider, we know he is involved in the case, he was the one who got Tanveer to spy on us and harm Zoya, it was him who brought that food item but it was not him who failed my car brakes, it wasn't him who planned the attack on Walima because he was in mumbai" Asad looked puzzled himself.

"He could have hired someone to carry out his tasks" Haider wondered.

"That could be possible but if he is the one aiming for Zoya, then it would have been him in the parking, Zoya was completely sure that it wasn't Akram, it was someone else, if that was just a hired person, one he wouldn't say the things he said to Zoya and two he wouldn't come unplanned and just act on getting a chance" Asad pointed out.

"Then the only conclusion is there's someone else involved, his partner who had been more careful than Akram and so well hidden that we didn't know his existence till now, even if ever doubted, he would be safe and all blame would come on Akram" Haider hypothesized.

Asad nodded looking worried, had they been following on wrong man while the original planner is someone unknown to them?

"Or Akram is just a pawn, a puppet in  someone's conspiracy" Asad stated looking at Haider.

"That's why there are three numbers" Asad frowned.

"He gets calls from one number and after that call he calls anyone of the two numbers, and after Bhabhi went missing, he called on a number many times before calling on other number" Haider spoke.

"Has he recieved any calls after taking him custody?" Asad asked.

"Nope, we waited for a day and today we are going to call on each number from other number and we may find out who is operating which number" Haider informed him, before Asad could give some suggestions, Haider's cell rang.

"Okay, you follow her, I am coming" Haider said ending the call.

"Tanveer is going to other side of city, probably the same place she might have met Akram last time, will keep you informed" Haider told him before taking his leave.

"Who could be Akram's partner?" Asad wondered out aloud.

Humaira was out with her mother and mother-in-law, they had decided to go for shopping, Zainab was hesitant but Humaira kept insisting, they were returning from the market when they were greeted by someone, Zainab recognised her and so did Zeenat.

Zainab identified her as a old friend while Zeenat knew her as their neighbour, Durdana.  They greeted each other, welcoming her in the house.

"I didn't know that Zeenat's bahu (daughter-in-law) Humaira, is your daughter" Durdana said when Zainab explained why was she in Agra.

They were settled in living room of Zeenat's house. Humaira excused herself to make arrangement for their guest.

"I wasn't in Agra during Ayaan's Walima otherwise we would have met that day itself" Durdana told her.

"And her elder daughter is married to my sister's son" Zeenat said. "You met her when she was visiting us" She reminded.

"Zoya right? That's why I felt she looked familiar" Durdana recalled.

"We used to be neighbours in our childhood and good friends, I was always spent most of  my time in your Nana's house (maternal grandfather)" Durdana told Humaira as she joined them with tea and cookies.