Part Thirty-two

Part Thirty-two.

"Did Hajira Phuphu call you today?" He asked after returning from office.

"No" Zoya replied hanging his coat on the hanger.

"Why , anything happened?" She asked as Asad frowned.

"Well she said you didn't answer her call,I told   her , you couldn't have guessed her number but she was like 'I know she purposefully didn't answer my call' I don't know what do with her"  Zoya shook her head quickly.

"No, I did not get any call from her, I don't even have her number...wait someone had called on landline after you left for work, it rang for once and ended, could that be her?" Asad sighed, that could be his aunt's way.

"I will call her, speak with her" Asad knew he was asking for too much. He did want things to get better in his family. Zoya nodded forcefully, it was very awkward during the Eid itself.

Asad kept his cell on speaker and did make sure his aunt knew he was listening too , so that she doesn't say anything hurtful to Zoya. She congratulated the couple and didn't end the call before implying that she respects relations that why she was speaking forgetting their misbehavior.

"Well that wasn't bad" Asad muttered to himself. Zoya had crossed the three months mark and feeling relived she asked him to let his aunts know about the baby, what amazed Asad was , Zoya was keeping herself positive for the sake of baby, since she was informed that negative thoughts aren't good during pregnancy, she was showing better response to stay happy, going to be a mother has a effect on Zoya that even Asad's anger didn't.

He stirred in his sleep, he turned to other side pulling the comforter to cover his head, why were the lights on when he was trying to sleep. He threw the comforter off his head and turned to his left to scold Zoya for keeping the lights on.

Zoya was leaning against headboard, her hands on her baby bump. Asad was stunned by her appearance , when did time fly so fast? Zoya was heavily pregnant, she looked tired but yet there was a smile on her face. She opened her eyes feeling a gaze on her.

"What are you thinking about Asad?" She asked softly, touching his arm.

"Huh?" Asad was still confused, time flew fast and he doesn't remember.

"What's the matter dear husband?" He shook his head, her face scrunched in pain and then relaxed.

"Zoya, you okay?" He asked sitting up quickly.

"Yeah, the baby kicked" She replied, caressing her baby bump lovingly.

"Really? Can I?" She kept his hand on her bulged abdomen, he was excited to feel his baby's movement. He stared at her confused when he didn't feel any.

"It kicked!" She said excitedly, he couldn't share her excitement, he didn't feel anything.

"But I don't feel anything.." He spoke disappointment etched in his face.

"But I can feel baby kicking!" Zoya replied , now confused with his behavior. Asad stayed silent, his hand still resting on her abdomen and he felt nothing. He was wondering why was it Zoya can feel the baby and he can't. His head shot up as he heard crying of a baby. He looked at Zoya's abdomen startled, how can he hear baby cry when it wasn't born yet.

"Asad, baby is crying." She said.

"Yes but how?" He asked.

"What kind of silly question is it? Baby must be hungry!"