Part Thirteen

Part Thirteen

"Where are we going?" Zoya asked for nth time , Asad returned home in afternoon and asked her to get ready as they had to be somewhere. She asked him many times but he didn't reply, only informing Khala that they will back in an hour or two.

"You will know" he repeated his answer still concentrating on the road.

"Tell me please"

"Can't you stay silent for few minutes?" He said taking a turn. Asad frowned as it was more than fifteen minutes or so he felt and she didn't speak anything.

"Zoya?" He called out , no reply. He carefully glanced at her, she was staring outside. He averted his gaze back to the front.

"What happened?" No reply.

"Why are you silent?"

"You asked for it" she muttered, Asad rolled his eyes.

"Calm down begum" he said , Zoya looked at the lane , it was familiar, she had been to this side of town with her parents. She looked at Asad accusingly. Asad parked the car and looked at Zoya who was glaring at him.

"I am not coming!" She gritted.

"Zoya"

"No!"

"Listen"

"I am not coming in with you, either you take me home or I'll go myself!" She warned.

"Get down" He said unbuckling the seat belt. She shook her head and crossed her arms. Asad got down and came to her side, opening the passenger side door, he asked her to get down. She shook her head stubbornly. Asad unbuckled her seatbelt ignoring her protests.

"You think I am mad right?" She asked her eyes glistening with tears.

"No"

"Then why did you bring me to a psychiatrist?" She asked in wobbly voice.

"Just for check up and it's not just the psychiatrist clinic, we will get your wound checked too" he cajoled.

"I am fine Asad"

"I know , Alhamdulillah you are perfectly fine but just as a precaution, I don't want to ignore your health , you have been through so much , I just want to make sure you are fine" He looked at her hopefully.

"Please, for me?" He thought she is going to refuse but finally she slowly nodded. He sighed in relief and felt happy in a little corner of his heart that she agreed for him.

"Wipe your tears, I'll bring water for you" he purchased water bottle from the nearby shop and reached car, she lifted her niqaab to have water.

"Fine?" She nodded.

"Come let's go" he gave her hand to get down the car, she walked in holding his hand tightly, he squeezed back assuring her , he was going to be with her. He spoke at reception about the appointment and was asked to wait for few minutes in the lobby. Zoya pulled away her hand and sat on a chair silently staring at floor , Asad sat beside her thinking he should have informed her where he was bringing her but he didn't because she would refused , she just confirmed his doubts back in car. It had struck him while he was in office , how Zoya stays silent and finds difficult to speak to others , though past few days she was opening up , he just wanted to be sure she wasn't in any stage of depression. Depression isn't a thing to be taken lightly. They were called in after a while.

"Just answer truthfully whatever he asks , nothing to worry" He said , she meekly nodded. Zoya sat across the doctor and Asad sat on the chair opposite to doctor's table. After a while he asked Zoya to wait outside.