Part Twenty Eight

Part Twenty Eight

"When did you arrive?" Zoya gulped as she heard the voice. She turned to face her, Hajira looked displeased while Sama looked uncomfortable, did they witness the exchange between her and Asad? She wondered , while greeting them.

"As-Salam-u-Alaikum, I arrived an hour ago" she replied.

"Wa Alaikum Assalam" Sama replied while Hajira still looked indifferent.

"Zoya beta , it's good to see you back." Zeenat spoke from behind though she met Zoya when she arrived, she was trying to get Zoya away from Hajira. Zoya smiled at her, Zeenat asked her to come along.

"Khala, can I go back to my room?" Zoya asked hesitantly.

"I am not letting you hide, it's your house." Zeenat said sternly.

"No, I have to arrange few things in the room and need to change too.." Zeenat regarded her few seconds before nodding. Zoya offered her a smile and left to her room. The day passed with Zoya keeping herself busy with arranging the room, checking the things required in kitchen and anything to avoid Hajira. She sighed , it was time for Asad to be back and she can relax a little , Hajira and her family were supposed to leave after dinner.

"Few more hours" Zoya muttered to herself.

"Your wait ends begum, I am home" Asad whispered in her ear, startling her.

"Asad!" She reprimanded him for startling her , Asad laughed.

"Darpok (fainthearted)" Asad teased pinching her nose.

"I am not!" She pushed away his hand.

"You are!" He teased.

"Your reports" He kept them on his table.

"Everything is normal and yes, you were right, you aren't expecting.." he trailed off, Zoya looked away.

"Chill out Begum, we can try again" He winked at her, she turned away from him blushing. he chuckled entering bathroom to freshen up, Zoya was sitting on bed checking her mobile , Asad sneaked behind her and shouted in her ear. She shrieked jumping up.

"You!" She glared at him , Asad hugged her from behind before she could pickup the pillow and start another fight, she did hit him hard in morning.

Everyone was in living room and they could hear Asad's laugh.

"Bhai looks happy today" Ayaan commented.

"Thank Allah Bhaijaan otherwise I still can't forget how Asad Bhaijaan was past few days .." Nuzhat spoke.

"Calm down begum" He spoke as Zoya struggled to get out of his hold.

"Leave me"

"No"

"Asad door's open, anyone could see us and maybe even hear us downstairs" Asad twisted his mouth and released her for a moment as he locked the door and hugged her from back again. Zoya sighed.

"You always trouble me" she groused.

"Well I love it" he replied resting his chin on her shoulder.

"What's up with you? You used to visit me there with sullen mood and today being playful?" She asked relaxing in his hold.

"Certain someone is reason for it" he said.

"Who is it Mr.Khan?"

"Maybe my cousin" She elbowed him. Asad chuckled.

"Off course it's you duffer" He said and pinched her arm.