Part Sixteen

Part Sixteen

"How is it?"

"Do you like it?"

"It's beautiful"

"I agree"

"It suits Bhabhi"

Zoya was in Zeenat's room with aunt Lubna, Sadiqa and Nuzhat. Ayaan had arrived yesterday late at night, surprising even Zeenat, he hadn't even informed her that he would be arriving this early,he wasn't supposed to arrive until two days before Walima. And as Zeenat had mentioned he brought the dress Zoya was supposed to wear on Walima and Ladies were assembled in Zeenat's room except Sama and Hajira Phuphu, Zoya had to admit it was beautiful and like her Nikah costume even this dress wasn't of the traditional colour fixed by the society, it wasn't green and she was happy about that.

"It fits well" Zeenat said and Zoya tried the dress on her insistence.

"Let's see what bhaijaan says" Sadiqa said excitedly.

"No, Asad will see her in this dress only on Walima" Lubna said. Zoya stepped out of bathroom changing into her normal dress, she folded the dress and kept it back in the bag.

"Leave it with me , he could try to know what colour are you wearing" Zeenat said , Zoya frowned why would that matter.

"I dared him to color coordinate with your outfit, let's see if he wins , though I have already given him hint long back and Ayaan had already promised not to speak a word about it." Zeenat smiled clearing her confusion.

"And you are not going to tell him" Lubna said.

"Yeah, I forgot, she always takes his side, this time Zoya as your Aunt-in-law I am preventing you from telling him" Zoya sighed and nodded. After a while they all went downstairs to join men, his Phuphu's were telling what changes they want to make in Walima preparations.

"Asad"

"Hmm?"

"Asad!" Zoya looked at him as he typed on his laptop. He was sitting on window seat busy with his work and hadn't even tried to ask her once about her Walima dress. She stayed silent just observing him, since morning she was observing him , he was time to time going to his study, talking on cell or working on laptop, till yesterday he was mingling with all, teasing her but today he was preoccupied. What's gotten in him today? Well he had to take more time away from work because of her, from a week it became two weeks, she felt good thinking he kept his promise to stay with her.

"What?" He looked up as she didn't speak.

"Finally" Zoya sighed.

"What do you want to say?" He said moving to make place for her.

"Today your aunts were talking about Walima preparations and gifts"

"I know" He replied not understanding what she means, he too was sitting there when the discussions were going on.

"They said they will give workers bonus" Asad nodded.

"I was thinking.." Asad sighed seeing her hesitation.

"Tell me what you want to be done?" He asked keeping aside his laptop and taking her hands in his.

"I have always seen Ammi and Abbu give the workers, I mean maids, driver and their families or poor people clothes along with money or food items like rice or wheat or anything they require at their house.. I know Phuphu's want to give money , I agree extra money could help them but they usually don't spend money on buying clothes, they save money for their children's studies or household work.."