Part Twenty two

Part Twenty Two

"You didn't call for a make up artist?" Asad looked up from his cell, he had just returned from Masjid after Magrib prayer and settled on the couch when Zeenat approached him, she was standing in front of him with a raised eyebrow.

"No" Asad shrugged.

"How can you forget, now who is going to do  Zoya's make up?"

"I didn't forget, I did according to your list, Zoya said she doesn't want any make up artist" he replied.

"So you are telling me we have to take her to venue like this?" Hajira asked walking towards where he and Zeenat were, one of their relatives tagging along with her. Before he could retort, Zeenat kept a hand on his shoulder, stopping him.

"First you didn't even ask your elders before marrying her, we couldn't even get to do a proper check , You did Nikah without us , your own Aunts! At least should have respected us as your father's sisters, we have become a topic of gossip! People now know how much you respect your aunts"

"Oho you weren't there for his Nikah too? I thought Asad didn't want us to be here hence didn't invite us but you , his Phuphu, such a shame" The other aunt tagging along with her commented. Asad rolled his eyes.

"Phuphu"

"Asad" Zeenat sent him a warning glare, no misbehavior with elders.

"Hajira please leave it" Zeenat said pleadingly, there were others at home , it wouldn't be appropriate and Asad's anger isn't something they can control, she had been hoping Walima happens without glitch but Hajira is loosing her control, she hadn't left any opportunity to taunt Zoya and be sarcastic to Asad.

"Why Zeenat? We weren't in India and he couldn't even wait for us fine understandable, but you were just a few hours flight away, he didn't even wait for you,  And now Walima is going to give people a chance to talk if we take her without makeup"

"What do you mean Phuphu?" Asad rose from his seat. He noticed Zoya walking towards them with a confused look. God, he didn't want another verbal accusation session with Zoya one was enough spoil his mood for whole day.

"You know what I mean Asad"

"We can talk later Phuphu" He added hastily.

"Khala" He looked at Zeenat signaling her to stop Hajira and pointing at Zoya with his eyes.

"Hajira , leave it, come let's get ready"

"Wait Zeenat, Asad, You have to listen , I think of your betterment, unfortunately your wife needs makeup to look presentable, she is no beauty" Hajira spat bitterly with an satisfied smile as she spoke purposefully when Zoya could hear them.

"I agree Asad beta, what can we do?  Nikah has happened but we can make her look presentable" Aunty added.

"That's enough Phuphu" He said trying hard to control his anger, why can't she just leave Zoya alone for few minutes. He walked away from them.

"Didn't I tell you to stay in room?" He asked in low voice nearing her. Only if she stays away in the room, things wouldn't be difficult for both of them.

"I..."

"Didn't I ?" His eyes flashed in anger. Zoya nodded and turned to walk back in the room. She had come out when Nuzhat informed her Sabera needs her to check if everything has been bought that Zoya had listed them. Zoya sat on end of bed , she was trying her best not to let Hajira's words get her.

"I am repeating for last time, you stay in the room, no need to interact with anyone and take stress, get that?" He spoke after bolting the door behind him. She looked up at him pleadingly, she didn't want his anger when she is dealing with her own negative thoughts and Hajira's taunts.