Part Twenty-nine

Part Twenty Nine.

"I will come with you to the airport."

"I already told you Zoya, you are going straight home." Asad replied checking for last time if everything he needs was packed.

"Why can't I come?" She asked watching him as he stuffed necessary files in laptop bag.

"What will you do there anyway? Say Allah Hafiz? As-Salam-u-Alaikum? You can say it here too" He replied locking the desks.

"Asad, please"

"No"

"Zoya I don't like you driving alone with driver" He replied.

"Okay, no driver, I will come with Abbu."

"No"

"What now?!" She whined.

"What's the big deal?" Asad stopped and stared at her confused, she was sitting at the end of bed and giving him best puppy face she can manage, Asad averted his gaze. He doesn't understand the need to be dropped at airport and the important thing is he didn't like the thought of watching Zoya walk away from him, he may not be able to leave if she comes to airport too. This was becoming too serious now, he needs to have control over himself. Damn the contract otherwise he would have taken her with him and surprisingly she was willing to come with him. He had even thought of still taking her but her passport doesn't has visa and it even needs renewal, which would take up more time and he actually wouldn't even be able to squeeze time for her, if he takes out time from his work , he wouldn't be able to complete it in three months and he couldn't be away from office such long time , he has to keep a check on his company too. He will be aiming to complete his work as soon as possible.

"I know driving." She stated breaking his chain of thoughts.

"When was the last time you drove?" Zoya sighed, but she kept insisting.

"I want to come!" Asad sighed.

"No and stop troubling me. I have to check if I kept everything I would need" He ignored her glare and checked the list of things he had noted down.

"Is it because my presence may cause some damage?" She asked quietly, Asad's head shot up. He didn't want her to think wrong.

"Did you feel so or said just to get me agree for you coming to the airport?" He asked as he observed her expressions.

"You don't look innocent begum" He stated, Zoya sighed.

"Fine, I am worried about it but I said so that you allow me to come" She confessed. Asad stared at her, the excuse she used to distance herself from him was now being used to make him keep close to her, that was a development and it means madam was actually improving, he walked towards her, she was staring at her palms, he lifted her face to look at him by holding her chin.

"You know I am not good at being patient" She nodded. "Then why do you always test my patience?" He asked.

"When I am telling you not to come, you need to understand I may have some reason behind it, You are going home with your parents and remember the paper you signed. You are coming back here once I return." Zoya rolled her eyes as she recalled the paper Asad asked her to sign. He had handed her a printed copy which stated, she will come back here once he returns, she asked him if he doesn't trust her and he bluntly replied 'yes'.

"It's final, I am not coming?"

"Yes" Zoya sighed relenting. She stood up as he dragged his luggage to the door and slung his laptop bag over his shoulder. She held his elbow stopping him, he turned to face her.