Part Thirty-four

Part Thirty-four.

"I took care of all the formalities" Asad sat on the bench outside the ward, his head rested on his fists. He nodded as the person informed him.

"No case will be registered against her" Asad nodded again. He sat beside Asad wondering what was happening.

"Asad, what's happening? Suicide? What happened?..."

"She had a miscarriage last month." Asad replied stiffly.

"Asad..."

"Haider I called you because they wouldn't admit her unless a police case is filed, just do your work." He replied curtly.

"Yes, I know and a case should be filed against Zoya for attempting suicide and I took care of it. But I want to know what is going on! " Haider replied though he understood Asad doesn't want to talk about the situation, but he can't leave his friend alone.

Asad sighed and looked up as doctor approached him, there was a resentment building up inside him towards the doctors, never did they give any good news to him. He looked at the ward Zoya was in, she was unconscious and her family was with her. She had taken heavy dose of sleeping pills too before slitting her wrist, she didn't want to survive at any cost. Her family had arrived at his residence to visit them and got to know from maids that Zoya had attempted suicide. Gafoor exited the ward, he looked angry, Asad walked behind the doctor ignoring Gafoor's glare, he too followed the doctor.

"She is suffering from depression" Doctor informed. This was the same psychiatrist they had met before for Zoya's check up.

"Did something bad happen with her? Any personal loss?" Asad had to repeat the painful answer again.

"Miscarriage"

"Sad" Doctor spoke some medical terms and suggested they start her treatment quick.

"You didn't notice any change in her?" Doctor wondered.

"She was normal, upset and silent, I thought that was because she was still mourning the loss, I tried , her family tried to make her move on"

"Nothing else happened?" Doctor questioned, "that caused such effect, you said she was involved even after miscarriage. " Asad hesitated as Gafoor was beside him.

"I would need to know what else has happened, to understand her situation to be able to treat her." Doctor said, Asad sighed and confessed how Zoya was blaming herself for her father's heart attack, and then the miscarriage and finding out the reports that state she can't be a mother. Gafoor looked at Asad shocked. They discussed about the treatment and exited his cabin.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" Gafoor asked.

"What would that change?" Asad asked.

"How did Zoya found out if you were hiding it?" Gafoor asked upset with Asad.

"I was sending her reports to a friend of mine, who works at a hospital in U.S so that he could get the reports referred by a gynecologist there." He replied. They silently walked back towards Zoya's ward.

"She will be discharged tomorrow morning." Asad informed , his eyes laid on Zoya who was asleep, he cringed at the bandage on her wrist, reminding him of the day he found her with slit wrist.

"She is not going with you" Zainab spoke.

"Ammi?"

"She had dealt with many things Asad but she never resorted to suicide but she did when she is in your house! I know what she was going through but she would never do what's prohibited, never would she resort to this haraam, my Zoya isn't a coward..." Zainab spoke accusingly, Gafoor and Humaira looked as shocked as Asad was, never did they saw Zainab using this tone for anyone.