Part Thirty-eight.

Part Thirty-eight.

Asad closed the file and leaned back in his chair. He hoped his plan will work, he can get Zoya back to normal, she will have her confidence back and even stop assuming things. He wishes to see her standing up for herself and be strong enough not to need anyone's opinion to describe what she is. It was taking him huge effort not to go and check up on Zoya, he knew she would still be lost and everything would look strange for her. He has to control himself, if he wants her to succeed on her own. He forced himself to work on the presentation.

Asad crossed the empty corridor and knocked on the cabin Zoya and Najma were allotted, Najma got up as he came in, Zoya was still engrossed in the file.

"Aren’t you leaving Miss.Malik, it's past office hours?" He pointed at time.

"Sir we were still going through the building interiors" She replied.

"You leave now, I think she can do her work by herself" Asad said, Najma nodded packing her things while Zoya looked at him helplessly, she needed Najma’s help , she couldn’t figure out anything and for the first time she realized what she had lost in the past two years, she lost her passion, her confidence, she was confused and her mind was blocked, she was unable to do or decide anything. She wanted to cry over her uselessness. Najma asked if she should stay back.

"No , it's okay , you leave" Najma bade her farewell and left. Asad waited for Zoya to start packing.

"You weren’t serious about Najma loosing her job if I fail ... Asad I c.." She was interrupted.

"I was damn serious looks like her hopes she has with you are going to cost her this job because you can’t do anything except weeping at your fate" He taunted.

"You can appoint anyone, please."

"Look this is my office and I am the boss, I decide not you."

"But why me? I have no experience!" She retorted. Asad knew this question would arise and if told her the actual reason , she may not try hard because she had decided that she wasn't fit for anything.

"You see Zoya, I don’t trust you so I want to keep you in front of my eyes, nor do I trust your father, until the deal is finalised and I get the tender you can’t do what you want and stop this crying on everything just either
prove you are not a burden and this degree is not fake or accept it you are useless" He said with a smirk hurting Zoya. What has gotten into him, he wasn't this rude to her ever, maybe he was frustrated with her stupidness and this is how he is showing how upset he is with her.

"We are leaving" He declared going out, she just took the file and the CD which had the pictures of the building before following him.

"Get in" He said as she stood near the door of the car.

"I want to visit my family" She spoke timidly. Today was the day she had realized so many things and how she had taken them for granted, they had always been there for her, caring for her, encouraging and being there as her ultimate support and today when she felt the weight of responsibility dropped on her shoulders, she was understanding their importance, she had been able to tolerate new changes in her life with help of Asad but today even he wasn't being patient with her.

"I am getting late" He replied. He can't let her go there, Everytime she went there, he had difficulty in bringing her back home or something bad would happen that would upset her.

"You can leave , I’ll take a taxi" She suggested quickly, shocking him. Did she just say that? Can he look at it like a step towards betterment, but he can't let her go alone, they don't know who wants to harm Zoya, though she was safe within the walls of his house and office with security , he can't let her travel alone, what if that person is waiting for a opportunity like this.