Part Four

Part Four

"Zoya beta , what do you say?" Gafoor’s voice broke her chain of thoughts, she was told about the alliance and was being asked what she decides. Humaira and Zainab were pacing outside the closed door, they were informed about the alliance and Gafoor wanted to speak to Zoya alone.

"What should I say Abbu? You decided it  right? why are you asking me?" Zoya retorted, she closed her eyes feeling guilty of raising her voice at her father. How many sins was she going to do , she was already proved how weak her Emaan was and now her behavior was proving the point.

"I am sorry beta , if you don’t want this , I’ll cancel the alliance" he said holding her hands, his eyes were misty seeing how his daughter had become skinny , her face was pale with dark circles under the eyes and he hadn’t seen her smile since ages.

"Then why Abbu? What if it happens again? Or do you want Asad to get killed so that your only rival won’t be there..."Zoya was on verge of breaking down again, a life will be in danger because of her.

"Zoya beta trust me , I had no such intention, all I want is your happiness, Now its only Asad who will hold your hand and We both know him well, he is a good man , I have competition with him only in business no hard feelings for each other... Beta I give you time to decide ..I hope you won’t let down your Abbu" he got up patting her head affectionately and was feeling bad for indirectly blackmailing her to agree for the proposal.

"Abbu" Gafoor turned towards her.

"Yes beta"

"No man in his right sense will agree to marry me after what has happened, what's the catch?" Gafoor stared at her shocked.

"Zoya..what are you talking about?" His heart thumping hard in his chest.

"The thing that you are hiding" Zoya said staring directly in Gafoor's eyes, Gafoor couldn't take it any longer and looked away.

"We are going to collaborate our companies soon to strengthen it we fixed your Nikha" he avoided looking at Zoya.

"You made a deal out of your daughter's life, was I becoming an unbearable burden on you?" Gafoor's eyes widened.

"No beta, my daughter is never a burden on me" Zoya shook her head.

"You both are wonderful businessmen , you made a profitable decision, congratulations" She said with a forced smile.

"Zoya beta" She shook her head stopping him.

"I don't have a choice here Abbu and you didn't want Ammi or Humaira to interfere that's why you wanted to speak to me alone, all you want to hear is a 'Yes' and no other option.. just for formality I say 'yes' okay? And don't worry I won't tell them anything"  Zoya spoke bitterly, Gafoor grimaced.

"I know beta, what I'm doing is hurting you but trust me it's for your betterment, not now maybe later you'll know , Asad is not a bad idea, just try to think from your father's point of view, why would I ever want to hurt you? Did I fail as a father that you can't trust me on this?" Zoya's eyes widened, she shook her head, but Gafoor smiled sadly and left the room. He announced Zoya agreed for Nikha and asked them not to pressurise or stress Zoya in anyway.

"Why Gafoor? Don’t you think Asad could take out business rivalry with Zoya? Why him?" Zainab stopped him in living room, Humeira who was passing by stood near the pillar listening to them. She knew it was wrong to eavesdrop but she wanted to know what made Abbu choose Asad for her Baji.

"He won’t Zainab, he’ll never mistreat a woman and he is not of such type who would use Zoya for revenge of any kind... " he said.

"Gafoor" Zainab was interrupted.