Part Fifty

As-Salam-u-Alaikum,
I am really sorry for the delay.

Finally here's the update which I had been trying to post since three days but couldn't because of the trouble Wattpad gave me.

Part Fifty

"You need to know this Zoya, there is no deal." She looked up with a frown.

"I know Asad didn't tell you this, I was requested not to inform you, after your Walima Asad cancelled the deal, he said he never wanted it, it didn't matter then and it won't matter now, all he asked was me to be a elderly guide in his life." Zoya stared at him shocked.

"No deal?" Gafoor nodded in confirmation. She looked at Zainab , she too nodded. She blinked back her tears.

"Don't tell him that I told you this." He added, Zoya nodded. She felt overwhelmed, she then questioned how can he even give the shares, wouldn't she and he be held responsible for taking away Humaira's share in her father's property, Gafoor assured her, he didn't do any injustice, what he promised to give was only Zoya's share, he didn't take away anyone's right, he had divided things according to Islam.

"What I promised to give was the share you would inherit rightfully from whatever your both parents have. You would eventually inherit it well except for the Mughal Architecture tender, I thought I would give him my designs and quotation so that he would be getting the tender, I told him how I was planning to let him get the tender, he outright refused stating that was cheating, he was only expecting me to finally agree to teach him the Mughal architecture and not to get it by cheating. And the most important, your nikah was never based on the deal!" Gafoor clarified. He stared at Zoya, he couldn't find correct words to explain what actually was discussed between him and Asad, deal did happen just to get Asad agree for the Nikah but nikah was never completely dependent on it, he didn't understand how to explain it, even if the deal would end if he fails to give him as promised in deal, even then the Nikah will not end, he had understood Asad and he truly wanted to make their Nikah work. Though he would be forever guilty of the way he got Zoya married, maybe he should have just spoken to Asad with ever mentioning the deal, it had made the Nikah a business and he will forever be regretful for doing it and he can see the same resentment in Asad whenever the deal was mentioned, maybe both of them do realize that they had made a mistake by offering and accepting the deal.

"Zoya, you were the one who made a big fuss out of the sharing of business." Zainab added. Zoya stared at her with worry. Gafoor was brought out of his regretful thoughts by Zainab's voice.

"Asad never asked for anything, it was I who offered these things, well except for one thing.." Zoya waited for Gafoor to continue.

"To get you both married as soon as possible." He stated with a smile. Zoya felt ashamed of herself, how many times had she used the deal as a weapon to hurt Asad and accuse him and her father for her troubles.

Zainab didn't wish to discuss this anymore. She diverted their mind to the things the sisters did as children.

"You did punch a boy of your class for taking your pencil, I was summoned by the principal of your school for your rowdyism!" Gafoor laughed while remembering that incident. The parents reminisced their daughters childhood. After a while Zoya excused herself, she noticed her parents were sleepy, she asked them to rest and left to her room.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she recalled all the accusations she threw at Asad, she had even insulted him with her words, she thought he was with her only for the deal and once he has Mughal architecture tender he would leave her, though she had stopped thinking about it, but at the back of her mind, she still feared he would do that, that's why she took a promise from him, he never breaks his promise. All the while there was no deal, he still stayed with her and used it to blackmail her to stay with him whenever she behaved crazily. She was glad he did that otherwise she would have lost him because of her silliness but she never opted for khula, she never thought of asking for annulment of their Nikah , maybe because in a corner of her heart she wanted to be with him. She quickly retrieved her cell from her clutch and called him, her guilt would kill her, how many times had she insulted him in past and said horrible things.