Chapter 2

I wake up by the alarm the next morning. It was so strange.

"What the fuck." I mumble looking at my camera on my phone to see whats going on. I see someone wearing a hood standing at my gate. It was still dark outside so it was not clear.

I turn the alarm off not wanting to wake the kids. I pull open my draw picking up the gun and loading it before I walk down the stairs.

"It wasn't me." Mariana says as she stood at the bottom of the stairs in her pyjamas. I put the gun behind my back into my sweats and pull my shirt over it. "I know, go back to bed please." I tell her and she looks at me confused.

"Whats wrong?"

"M, nothing. Just go to bed please." I say and she nods walking up the stairs.

I walk into the kitchen and check the screen on the wall. The hooded person has walked off. Strange.

Mariana appears again into the kitchen. I unload the gun quickly putting it into the draw.

"Okay- I know you said go to sleep." She says and I chuckle. "M, honestly someone jst touched the gate."

"Okay." She says.

"Its still early- go back to sleep sweetie." I tell her as I sit down. She walks over to me and I pick her up putting her on my lap. "6 year olds are not supposed to worry about alarms."

"What did you do when you were 6?" She asks. I look at my daughter who sat on my lap. She looked alot like her mother. She just had my eyes but with blonde hair. All I wanted to do was protect her. Even from the stories of my childhood.

At 6 I was probably in a psychiatric unit after I could not deal with my new adoptive family. I was unable to shake off the voices, the nightmares of my birth family and the unapologetic torment.

"I was probably fighting with your Uncle Mason or Uncle Alex." I say and she laughs. "Like I fight with Zain and Kai?"

"Yeah." I chuckle. "Just less fist you thunderbolt." I say and she laughs. She had a temper. Even at 6, she was me.

"Are you excited for the wedding today?" I ask her.

"Yeah- Uncle Mace said there will be a lot of cake." She chuckles. "And dancing."

"Yeah." I chuckle. "When are you getting married?" She asks.

"I have no idea."

"I want you to marry Aunt Desi." She says and I chuckle. "Why? You don't like Vee?"

"That way me and the boys can always be together. I don't like it when they leave for so long. I like Veronica but only if she gives me a sister."

"I know. But I dont think were gonna get married M." I say not wanting her to get her hopes up. "Why not? She's super pretty?"

"I'm currently seeing someone else?"

"You dont like aunt Desi anymore do you?" She asks and I laugh. "You are too nosey for a 6 year old."

"Okay okay." She says jumping off. "Coming on lets get you back to bed."

"Alright." She says as I follow her up the stairs.

That morning we get ready for the wedding. Mason say in the chair eating a bar of chocolate as we waited for the wedding to begin. The room was filled with my brothers and friends.

I sat on the sofa in my brand new expensive suit next to Liam and Tim.

"You're deep in thought." Mason says handing me a shot.