Chapter 20

Nick's POV

Desi seemed happy tonight. She was laughing with her mom and my mom who came over for dinner. I just walked in seeing the kids were probably asleep.

"Hi." I say getting their attention.

"Nick. Hey." Jasmine says. "Come eat with us. We had such a nice day today. Desi in her dresses. It was a sight."

"Can't wait to see." I say sitting down next to Desi nudging her. She rolled her eyes at me. "You got your tux sorted?"

"No we are doing it in a few days." I say looking at Desi as I forgot what day it was. She told me this.

"Its tomorrow." She says as she carried on eating not even giving me a reaction. "Is that why Alex kept calling me?" I say taking my phone out of my pocket. I text Alex that it is tomorrow.

"Okay what is up with you two? Youre getting married soon!" Jasmine says seeing how Desi's mood changed. Desi and I haven't got the chance to speak yet.

"You guys still didn't fix it?" Hailey says and I look at her. So she knew.

"Its nothing." I tell her trying to do some damage control.

"Right." Desi says. "Because it doesnt matter when you do shit." She looks at me.

"Pin point the problem for me. I'm confused."

"You think its cool being out drinking all night and then sleeping all day. You got 3 kids and tryna get married to me. What the hell is wrong with you?"

"One night? One." I say. "You still mad about that?"

"Which you spent with your ex that you happily hired too." She says putting her fork down.

"This is what I get for being honest? What did I do wrong? You're acting like I'm cheating on you."

"There is no point talking to you." Desi says picking up her fork. "I don't see the point of getting married if I'm in for curing your hangover and taking care of kids alone." She says.

"Alone?" I ask. "I take care of my kids. What the fuck are you talking about?" That was infuriating because I tried my best to be there for my kids. A few days of running around work and she has taken it to a new level. I get up feeling like if I stayed and carried on arguing things would escalate.

"Yeah yeah. Truth hurts doesn't it."

"You're being a childish bitch right now." I tell her.

"Nick." My mom says. "Stop."

"When you were running around working with Stefano with my fucking kids was I complaining?" I snap at her.

"We werent even together." She says. "You're running around with her and telling me I'm supposed to be okay with it?"

"Everything you have a problem with." I tell her. "Unless I'm fucking her you cannot be talking crazy."

"Well you should go that and maybe ask her to marry you after." She says.

"Guys guys guys." My mom says stopping us. "The kids are sleeping?"

"He doesn't care about that." Desi says and I look at her. "Cut that shit out."

"Triggering you huh?" She says.

"Guys." Hailey says. "Fuck this. I'm out."

"Oh how convenient." Desi says as I put my coat back on walking out. I wasn't toleranting that much disrespect. What the hell I do?

I head to CJ's and Cleo's house to get rid of this nasty vibe.

"Hey. What happened to Blu and you going home?" CJ says and I shrug walking past him inside.