Chapter 10

Desi's POV

Cleo was probably the only soul that knew Nick and I were trying things again. So who else to babysit the kids while we went on a date. All three were at my house as it was the weekend.

I wore a red dress that was up to my knees and had no sleeves or straps. I put on my black faux fur jacket on top as it was winter in New York. I curled my hair and did my make up. My lips were painted the same as my dress; red.

"You look extra spicy." Cleo says looking at me as she sat up straight on the couch. Kai was on top of her. "Stop it." I say laughing while I twirled. I turn around and look straight at Nick.

"How long you've been here?" I ask as he startled me. "About 10 minutes. You look amazing."

"Wow you're so pretty aunt Desi!" Mariana says as she  takes my hand. "Thank you beautiful." I say picking her up kissing her cheeks. "See you guys later." Nick says. "Well tomorrow. Go to bed." He tells the kids and I chuckle.

As we step outside I take a better look at Nick. He was so adorable. Wore black skinny jeans that weren't too tight. His black air forces and a white tshirt underneath his canada goose coat.

"You cute." I tell him pulling the hood over his head.

We head to dinner which Nick insisted on. I think we should clear the air about everything. We had a very difficult past but we also had a great one. Going through heartbreak for the 10th time isn't it.

The restaurant seemed empty as we walked in. This was New York. It was never empty anywhere.

The waiter greets us and seats us in the middle of the room. It was quite dark but just enough light peaked through the lights to see eachother.

"Nick.." I start seeing what was going on.

"Yes." He says as we sat down. "You hired the whole place out didn't you?"

"Ofcourse." He says and I chuckle. "Fancy fancy. This place is so pretty."

"Right." He says. "You look pretty." He says and I smile at him.

We have food served straight away. Nick ordered my favourites.

"My favourites do not change." I say looking at the prawn pasta.

"Happy to hear." He says.

"Who wouldve thought us on a date again. Its been a few crazy years." I say and he looks at me.

"This time I wanna make it last." He says. His voice, what he said, this setting... it made my stomach fuzzy. I felt on top of the moon.

"We should have some ground rules if were starting this again." I say licking sauce off my finger. He cocks his head to the side a little and smirks.

"Let me guess." He says. "No sex." I laugh at him and he rolls his eyes. "A little too late for that."

"Wow." I say and he chuckles. "From now on. Its just gonna cloud things for us."

"Your rules never change. Everytime we get back together you come up with the same rule which you end up breaking."

"Not this time." I say and he laughs. "We'll see."

"How many people have you dated since me?" I ask as I carry on eating my food.

"Well- obviously Meghan." He says and I look at him and he chuckles. "And Vee." He says. Even the nickname was annoying.

"Were you inlove with Veronica?" I ask him and he cocks his head. "Why we trying to ruin this date?" He asks.

"So thats a yes." I say and look at him.