Chapter 27

"Hey." I say seeing Desi walk into the kitchen. She just put the kids to bed. Dylan and Zoe went out to the movies and both our nanny and housekeeper were off so I asked Justin to come babysit while Desi and I went out. We haven't spent much time together since we got married.

"Okay is this too much?" She asks. We were going to eat and then drink and chill at a hookah lounge. That was the plan.

"Helloooo." Justin says before I could answer. Desi wore a white dress that was tight. No straps. No sleeves. It came down just above her knees. Her figure was showing very much as her waist was tiny and the rest was curved. She looked breath taking. Like always.

"You going clubbing aren't you?" He says as Desi put on her fur jacket falling off one shoulder. "Oh be quiet." She tells Justin who laughs. He was wearing a new coat I noticed.

"Thats a nice coat." I say. "Right?" He says as Desi touches the fur on his hood.

"Its $3k. Gucci. Ive got the same one." I say and he breaks eye contact straight away.

"Right. Mason gave me the money." He says and I frown. "I cant touch my savings and I get a $1000 every month." He explains.

"Whatever. Look - the kids are asleep. I think Kai was being funny. He might try to get you to let him stay awake." I say as Desi takes my hand dragging me out the house. "Lets goooo I want to be full, drunk and fucked tonight." She says making me laugh.

"Lets go fool."

Without a doubt Desi was my best friend.

"Why does it feel like we never see eachother anymore?" She asks over dinner.

"Because you're running Seattle from New York." I say putting down her phone watching the video she was showing me of Kai and Mariana dancing.

"We swap with the kids like its shifts." She chuckles. "Im on mornings you're on nights. Then I am and then you are on nights."

"With all the help we have as well."

"Do you think Zoe is leaving anytime soon?" She asks putting her fork in her mouth. "I guess." I shrug. "I showed her one of the other houses and she kinda shrugged it off. She doesn't want to take my help."

"Understandably."

"Not really?" I say. She was just being stubborn.

"Imagine you were now broke as fuck. No where to be. Your lowest point. Someone gives you a house out of pity?"

"Its not out of pity?"

"Its out of what?"

"I want her to do well?"

"Care Nick. You care for her." She says and I roll my eyes. She chuckles shaking her head. "Its been nice having her around. And Dylan. Massive help with the kids."

"Yeah. They have been. Its been annoying though having so many roommates." I say.

"You lived with how many siblings? 5. Then moved in with your friends who are also 5." Desi says laughing. "You just want to have me all to your self."

"Now you're understanding." I tease her. She rolls her eyes and I know she was blushing. It was to see the effect I had on her. She looked so beautiful as she smiled at me. I couldn't believe this was my wife. As cliche it was.

"Lets go." I say getting up as I paid the bill. "What you do today?" She asks as I put my arm around her. "Work." I tell her. "I'm covering Liam's job too he's somewhere in Mexico chasing a girl."

"Definitely sounds like Liam Henry." She says and I chuckle. "I have this friend and I think Liam and her would totally hit it off." She says and I chuckle. "Terrible idea. Your friend will never speak to you again."