Chapter 12

Desi's POV

Its been a few days since thanksgiving. My mom was still here for a few days luckily and so was my dad. He did not really have a choice.

Nick has been around to see the kids who stayed here with me since my mom was around. So they could spend as much time with her as possible. Mariana stayed with us too. It has become compulsory now. She did not want to stay home with her dad if her brothers came to me and Nick looked at me everytime she threw a tantrum. She was too young to understand and now we found a routine. I honestly loved it. It was like having a daughter. We spent so much time together now.

"Mom!" Zain screams running into the kitchen where Nick and I sat. I was so glad he felt much better. Back to himself. "Kai keeps taking my tablet instead of his."

"Now I'm not! This is mine?" Kai screams running in after him.

"I know which is which!" Mariana says following her brothers. She looks at the tablets and hands them back to them. "Mom!" She screams as Kai snatches her tablet from her before she starts crying.

I look at Nick hearing Mariana scream mom. He frowned a little as he stared at Mariana before looking at me. "Does she mean you?" He asks. Mariana walks over to me as she carries on crying. I hug her patting her back.

"Give it back. They're all the same." Nick tells Kai. "No! Hers is faster!"

"For now just give it back." Nick sighs.

"Its okay sweetie." I tell Mariana who got her tablet back. "I like your hair today. I did a good job didn't I?"

"Thanks aunt Desi." She says as she skips out the kitchen following her brothers.

"Back to aunt Desi." I say.

"That was strange." Nick says. "Its probably because she sees the boys call me mom." I tell Nick.

"She's spending a lot of time with you." He says. "She doesn't want to stay home with me anymore."

"She sees me as her mommy." I say smiling at Nick. He looks at me and chuckles. "I'm glad its you. You're kinda stuck with her forever because of her brothers." He says.

"I was planning on being stuck with her because of her dad?" I say and he laughs. His phone was making a lot of sounds and I noticed it was text messages and he was ignoring them.

I wasnt really a fool. I knew Nick had a lot of girls around. He was breath takingly beautiful and known for being up to no good since he was a teenager. He was a Collin after all.

"I was thinking of me and you going away for the weekend. Cleo would be happy to babysit." Nick says.

"Where to." I wonder.

"It will be a surprise. Pack your bags be ready Saturday morning."

"Is this a plot to make break the rules?"

"Oh please you nearly broke them thanksgiving we were pretty wasted." He reminds and I laugh. "Shut up."

"Moms leaving the day after tomorrow." I sigh. She was out shopping with Jamie. "Her and Jamie seem better than ever."

"You sure about that?" Nick asks. "He fucked one of the hired help on thanksgiving." He says rolling his eyes.

"What?" I ask. "And you tell me now?"

"Well Jamie's infidelities have not been on my mind that much? Or Jamie in general?"

"Oh God." I say rubbing my eyes. "My mom will be so hurt."