Chapter 13

Nick's POV

"Why is there a bandage on your hand again dad?" Kai asks me as he climbed on top of me as I sat on my couch.

"Mckai, you have so many questions." I say tickling him. His laugh fills up the room.

"Well how did you get it?" He asks again as he stops laughing putting his hands on my cheeks to make focus on his face. I chuckle kissing him. How do I explain to my 6 year old I beat a guy up so much my knuckles started to bleed?

"Just had an accident." I tell him. "So what have you done these two days I haven't seen you?" I ask him.

"I went to school and mom said we could start decorating the Christmas tree. Is there gonna be one here?"

"Yeah. Ofcourse. With lots of presents under neath it for christmas."

"Yaaay." He says. He lays on top of me while he watches his tablet.

"Dad look its aunt Mona." Mariana screams running in. I needed to speak to Jane about letting people in.

I look at Mariana dragging her aunt through the living room. "Hey." Mona says and I look at her. "Nice blue cheek."

"Look my dad has a bandage too." Kai says showing Meghan my hand. I sit up clearing my throat as Mariana lets go of her aunt.

"Hi." I say staring at her. There was no way in hell I was gonna talk to her infront of my kids but this bitch put me through hell.

"You're not saying much." She says looking at me.

"I'm not." I tell her. She looks at me and sighs. "Look- I want to see Mariana and you know you can't stop me? She will want to see me."

"I'm not discussing any of that with you." I tell her and she sighs. "I want to take her to the movies is that okay?" She asks and I chuckle.

"Absolutely not."

"I want to go to the movies!" Mariana says.

"You can come around the house. You can come see her whenever you want as long as I'm present."

"What?"

"Its for her sake not yours. At all." I say and she shakes her head. "What you wanna do M? Shall we watch a movie with your brothers?"

They watch movie up until bed time as I put them to bed.

Mona was still sitting on my couch when I returned.

"So you're not gonna talk to me at all?"

"Nope." I tell her getting myself some food.

"What was I supposed to do?" She asks following me into the kitchen.

"I really don't want to have that discussion with you. I'm over it. I'm over your whole nonsense." I tell her as I heat up left over pizza.

"I had no choice Nick. I was trying to protect her."

"You know all my life I knew you were dumb but not this dumb. I had a bit of confidence in your ability to rationalize but guess I was wrong about that too."

"He said he would kill my niece!" She says frustrated. "Nobody could possibly ever hurt my kids. You should know by now."

"Just like how nobody could ever hurt your girlfriend right? Look where Meghans ended up?"

"Look- just get the fuck out." I tell her before I explode.

"It happened. I did what I thought was best."