Chapter 24

"This house looks incredible." Alex says as I was showing him around. We've been back for 2 days now. The kids at school, Alex came by to drop off AJ who was staying for the night with us and his cousins and staying the weekend.

"Nick choose well." I say and he chuckles. "He looooves buying houses doesn't he? What number is this?"

"So there's the house the guys used to live in- I think he's sold it. Not sure... then the house I moved out from recently. That was the first one we moved in together when we had Zain. He then bought the house we just moved out from. Now this."

"Ugh- I have a shift at the hospital- 3 days in a row."

"Dr Alex. Wooooe. You love working. All the girls be throwing themselves at you because the other doctors are old and bald."

"Oh you know me so well sister in law." He laughs sitting at the kitchen table. AJ was off playing waiting for his cousins to come from school.

"Yes. It feels so strange being back. We were in this bubble and now were back to reality."

"Your wedding was so litt." He says. "I was so drunk I can barely remember shit." I say. "It was really nice that everyone showed up."

"Yeah even your long lost sister." He says

"I cannot believe you guys met my sister before I did."

"I would never even think that you guys were sisters. So how did that work out? Your dad had her and then had you?"

"He had her at 15 and me at 18."

"Wow."

"Yeah. He didnt even know about her till recently apparently."

"Okay."

"So she grew up in Boston. She dated this guy I know and I never met her or even crossed paths with her."

"Oh yeah. Dimitri. Met him at the wedding."

"She's single now I guess." I say.

"Yeah. She mentioned how they were just friends now."

"I think you two would be so cute together." I say and he looks at me and raises his eyebrows. "You playing match maker sister?"

"Yeah- what's wrong with that? She's super pretty. Come on she's my sister."

"Oh wow- that was tacky the self compliment." He says and I laugh. "Why not? I'm pretty sure she's succesful. She didn't look cheap?"

"I'd never go there." He chuckles. "There is some sort of code you know- we are brothers you know."

"What? Code between who?" I ask confused. Alex blinks a few times as if he suddenly came to a realization. "Eh... between you and me. Were brother and sister now. I wouldn't make a pass on your sister!" He says.

"Uncle Alex!" Zain screams running in. This house was so big I couldn't even hear the front door. "Hey buddy." Alex says hugging Zain before the other two run in followed by their father.

"You guys AJ has some candy for you guys. He's playing the ps4 in the livingroom." Alex says.

"Whats up." Nick says as he walked back into the kitchen this time with the kids PE bags. He puts them on the table before he walks over to me kissing me.

"You've been married 2 weeks now come on." Alex says pulling faces. I chuckle as Nick kisses me again to annoy Alex.

"We were just talking about Desi quitting her part time job." Alex says

"Her what?" Nick asks sitting down next to his brother. "Match making. Desi thought it was a good idea for me to go our with Charlotte. I had to explain the brother code. I can't date my sister's sister?" Nick looks at him and frowns. "Oh." He says. "That be totally rude." He carries on and Alex laughs. "And a bit disgusting?"