Chapter 33

Nick's POV

"Hey mom." I say answering the phone. "Were back yeah."

"The kids are asleep." She tells me. "Thats fine. I'll come get them tomorrow."

"You guys okay?" She asks.

"Yeah. Great." I say. "Tired as fuck."

"Language." She says and I chuckle. "Sorry mom. I have 3 kids you know?"

"Yeah. So?" She says and I chuckle again. "You funny."

I head into bed hanging up. "Mom said goodnight." I say looking at Desi already curled up in bed. She wasn't feeling well all day.

"You want some water?"

"No. I'm just having these cramps." She says. "Shall I take you doctors?"

She nods sitting up. "Ah fuck fuck fuck." She screams suddenly. "Ah. I feel like I'm in labour. Ah. Nick." She cries out. "This is terrible. Lets go." I say picking her up.

Desi screams out in pain again before she passes out of the pain. "Fuck. Desi. Stay with me." I say getting her in the car. "Desi?"

She groans out loud and sighs. "Fuck." She says. I get to the hospital and she gets checked in. I call Hailey.

"Nick? Is something wrong?" She says answering. I woke her up. "Desi. She is in hospital. Right now. She was in pain. She said she felt like she was in labour. Whats that? I do not get it? She is 3 months in."

"Nick relax. Breathe. Nick.... Is she okay?"

"I don't know... I have not seen her she just got taken in."

"Okay. I'll be on the next flight out. I'll call Jamie."

I hang up and call my mom.

"Mom I think something is wrong with the baby... Desi is in hospital she's in pain."

"Nick what baby? Desi is pregnant?"

"Yeah we just found out a week ago."

"She miscarried?"

"No. I dont know? We just came in."

"I'll leave the kids with your father. I'm coming."

"Okay..." I say hanging up. I sit down and just stare at the floor for half and hour.

"Mr Adams?" I get up and look at the doctor.

"Your wife has miscarried. I am sorry." She says. "Is she okay?" I ask and she nods. "Blood loss. She will probably need to stay the night and tomorrow."

"Why did she misscarry?"

"It was the way the placenta grew. Nothing you guys could do or have done." She says. "She is currenly out of the surgery. You can go see her." She says nodding.

"Hey honey." My mom says running in. "The baby died." I tell her and she sighs hugging me. I was not sure what to do here. "Have you seen her yet?" She asks and I shake my head.

I have been through a miscarriage before with Desi. When we first started dating. Here we were again.

"You go see her first honey." She says and I nod a little numb.

I walk into the room. Desi was curled up into a bawl sobbing into her pillow.

"Desi." I say. My heart broke even more seeing her this upset. She was literally shaking and sobbing at the same time.

"Hey..." I say. I did not wanna pull her up in case she was still in pain. I wipe her tears and stroke her arm. "I'm sorry for our loss." I say kissing her head. "It wasn't in our control." I tell her.