Chapter 4

"Something did not add up." Tim says. "But whatever."

"My head hurts and my knuckles are on fire." I sigh resting my head.

"Atleast she's not cheating on you." Tim says and I look at him as he laughs. We head back to his and Tim forces me to clean my knuckles before I went home and wraps it up.

A few days pass and Veronica and I don't speak. I decide it wasn't up to me why she was hiding her brother. If she wanted to tell me, she could.

I annoyingly missed her presence. The kids were finally in bed when I sit down on the couch.

My door bell rings and I head over to the door seeing it was Veronica. She follows me in to the livingroom closing the door behind her.

"Hows your little brother." I say sitting down looking at her. She puts her bag on the couch and looks at me. She had her hair in a bun on top of her head wearing jeans and a blouse.

"Honestly youre a dick." She says. "I spend the night cleaning his blood off my kitchen floor."

"Look- its your fault for lying to me. So your new brother was just collateral damage."

"Really?" She says frowning. "I thought you were fucking him. You never mentioned him before but you mention your other 3?"

"Look if you're gonna be a dick about it- im leaving." She says and I sigh running my hand through my hair. "I'm hiding Jay from my brothers. Dimitri and Caleb."

"Am I Dimitri or Caleb?" I ask

"Well you seemed to be chilling with them when I'm not around."

"You know I have known Dimitri before I knew you right?"

"Y'all were never friends like that. Now you guys all chill and smoke together and whatever. I just didn't want to take the risk. If they see Jay, they'll kill him."

"How come you never mentioned him before?" I ask. "Well he disappeared years ago. We lost contact. He beefed them two and I we have different dads. He lived with his dad so we just forgot about eachother. Do you mention your birth siblings? All of them? No. You nention your adoptive siblings and Cleo."

"Look whatever- you know my loyalty lies with you before Dimitri and Caleb?" I say confused. She walks over to me and sits down on my lap straddling me. "I know. It was just all too much. I panicked. I'm sorry. Now apologize for fucking up his face." She says as she traces my lips with her thumb.

"Shut up." I laugh and she rolls her eyes. "So you gonna fuck me or what?" She says running her fingers through my hair tugging at the back a little.

"Is that even a question?" I ask pulling her into me kissing her lips. Her fingers run under my shirt before she breaks the kiss pulling it off.

The next morning, Mariana and Kai run into my room all ready and dressed up in their school uniforms. Hiring fulltime help was the best thing ever. Both sit on my bed talking as if I was not asleep here.

"Hi guys." I say sitting up seeing Veronica still asleep next to me. Nothing could wake her up.

"Dad- guess how long it took to get ready? I had a race and I won!"

"Rosie was brushing my hair thats why!" Mariana says in her defense. Zain walks into my room and looks at Veronica sleeping. They were used to by now seeing her sleep here.