Chapter 8

I left Nick's house feeling like I was on cloud 9. This was so strange. I hate that he had s much power over me. I felt literally so happy because of that kiss. Well, and last night.

Nick had stuff to do and work to attend. I needed to digest what the fuck was happening.

I get home and sigh sitting down on the couch. My phone starts ringing and its Tamara.

"Hey." I answer.

"Hi girl, how are you?"

"Not too bad you?"

"Good. We're back in New York for a week. My parents are having a anniversary party." She says. "Oh thats so nice."

"Yeah, we were gonna go and get a bite to eat with some of the college people." She says. "Please come."

"Tonight?"

"Yep, Luke's going to see his family so no drinks after."

"Thats fine. Text me the deets." I tell her.

The kids were with Nick so I get myself ready for the dinner. I do my make up and wear my air forces, a white bodycon knitwear dress up to my knees and my parka coat. It wS getting cold in New York.

My college friends consisted of Tamara, George and Luke and a few others we occationally hung out with. I met Tamara without knowing she was dating Luke, Nick's younger brother. Then I became quite close with the two over college. I had babies, graduated and they moved- I moved we lost contact for a while.

I was the last person to arrive at the restaurant. Seemed like it was just George, Tamara and Luke.

"Hey hey." I say hugging the three. George and mines friendship kinda came to a halt when Nick was unable to control his anger and fought him everytime he saw him.

"I missed you guys." I say sitting down. "Why you move to Italy."

"We missed you too." Tamara says.

"Well you disappeared before we did." Luke says and I chuckle. "How are my nephews. I miss them so much. They facetime me every once in a while."

"Theyre great. They do talk a lot about their uncles." I chuckle. "Okay you guys are married. When are the babies arriving?" I ask the two.

"I don't think I'm ready yet." Tamara says and Luke rolls his eyes.

"Hows things going for you?" He asks George.

"Same old. If I drink and go out every week- it keeps me sane from this terrible 9-5."

"Ew. Adulthood sucks." Tamara says and we all laugh.

"Hows it being back?" Luke asks me.

"So far... pretty good? Thought Nick would make my life a terrible hell because I took the boys Seattle but were getting along fine." I say feeling myself smile as I talk about Nick.

"Oh oh. I know that look." Tamara says.

"What?" I say putting my glass down.

"Honestly if you still haven't learnt that guy is bad news for you..." George says rolling his eyes. "Hes an absolute jerk."

"Wow- relax. Still my brother." Luke says looking at George who rolls his eyes again. "Am I lying?" George asks and we all laugh at him. Clearly still angry.

"So whats happening?"

"Nothing guys. Literally." I lie. I didn't want to start off whatever we was like this. Especially because it was so uncertain.