Chapter 1

Ahhhh I am so excited to release this first chapter of the sequel to Alphas daughter!

I have been working on this book every day for the past 6 months so I really hope you enjoy it!

I also have several other drafts of books that I am hoping to finish and get published so look out for those but for now, enjoy!

****

The winter had passed without me even noticing, gone were the skies of marbled greys. Now, a soft blue glow hovered above me, simmering through the fluffy white clouds. Blossom delicately lined the trees like frosting on a cake, in pale pinks and creams.

There was a kiss of coldness in the air, however this only heightened the warmth of the suns rays. Each tree, previously bare and bracken, was now clothed in bright green leaves, sprouting from every branch and stretching beneath the illuminating sunlight.

"So this is where you run off to all the time." A warm voiced hummed behind me. I could feel his presence looming over me as I kept my gaze on the headstones in front of me.

Freshly cut flowers lay before them, in an attempt to brighten the dim grey granite. There was a cruel sense of irony to the stones, their youthful strength and unwithered body, while they represented the perished and deceased. Something new that would last forever to mark something thats already ended its life.

"Sweetheart." His deep voice sighed sympathetically as he neared my hiding place and saw what I saw, but I wasn't sad. They were together. Maybe not physically but in spirit they had been reunited and their graves were side by side, just like they always wished.

"How did you find me?" I asked him, never shifting my gaze from the stones, the gold italics swirled along them, reminding me of all they were and all they meant.

"I tracked your scent to the river and then heard you whispering," he admitted, taking a seat on the dew covered grass beside me. His proximity was enough to increase my body temperature to an unhealthy reading.

I finally turned my head to face him, the man I was completely, head over heels in love with. His caramel coloured locks had grown slightly since I first met him, giving him more of a wild, rugged look. A perfectly straight scar shot through his left eyebrow from his fight with Alpha Dean a few months ago. Beneath the perfectly sculpted brows - except for the scar - were his breathtaking eyes. The cool, crystal sapphires glowed with small emerald flecks shimmering in the suns rays.

His body was still largely built, even larger than it was before after all the training and working out he did. His bulging muscles and chiselled chest still made my mouth water. Overall, his boyish charm and manly handsomeness made me fall in love with him all over again.

But at this moment, what turned my heart to complete goo, was the sweet smile that contorted his face. Small dimples appeared in the hollow of his cheeks and tiny crinkles outlined his eyes as he grinned sincerely. It was rare that it wasn't a smirk or a mischievous grin that shaped his lips, but when it was a genuine smile, I melted on the spot.

"Are you ok?" Zach asked me, his voice manly and deep.

"Yes."

He raised his eyebrows and shot me the daring look I had become so used to. "You know you are supposed to be in school right now?" He reminded me sternly with a hint of a smirk on his soft lips.

"So are you," I challenged, grinning widely at him.

"I am 19, I finished school a year ago." His eyes twinkled in victory and I let out a huff.

"Did you actually go to school?" I asked him, realising there was so much I didn't know about this guy.

Over the last month we had gotten to know each other better, not having any major drama to distract us now Alpha Dean was deceased and his son was actually one of my close friends. He was the Alpha of his own pack and we helped each other become strong leaders.

Zach shrugged. "I did, but I had to keep moving so I never stayed very long." He gently pulled me closer to him, snaking his arm around my waist. The warmth of his skin pressing against me caused me to melt into his strong hold. "So, are you going to tell me why you aren't in school?" He asked, staring down into my eyes.

I shrugged my shoulders lightly, resting my head against Zach's. "I have other things to do."

His lips pressed firmly against my forehead, resting there for a while before he pulled away and cradled my head against his chest.

His long fingers threaded through my thick, wavy locks. Over the past few months, they had grown rapidly and now tumbled down to my waist. While I hated the extra time it took to wash as well as style, Zach insisted I leave it long.

"How long have these been here?" He asked me quietly after several moments, referring to the sturdy stones I was staring intently at.

"I bought a headstone for my mom a few years after she went missing, when I finally gave up waiting for her to come back. Dad didn't know but I placed it here, somewhere I come when I need space or I need her," I explained to him. "And dads, I bought a few weeks ago. I wanted them to be together." I shrugged and he nodded in understanding.

Our hands curled together between us and his skin was warm and comforting. We didn't speak another word to each other, simply relaxed in the others company.

However, not long later, a faint rumbling pulled us from our bubble of solitude and soon, small droplets were spotting on the ground around us. The sky had glazed over with a steel grey colour and the glaring sun was concealed by the rain clouds.

"We should head home," Zach stated, pulling himself to his feet and reaching his hand out to me. I placed my own hand over his and it was immediately enveloped in his soft, warm skin. He gently tugged me up to my own feet and shrugged his jacket off his shoulders.

Seconds later it was draped over my own, providing shelter for me while Zach's plain white shirt soaked through, clinging to his skin and emphasising every muscle.

One of his strong arms curled around my shoulder and guided me away from my solitary place - the lake I visited when I needed to be alone. Nobody knew about that place, not my mom when I was little, not my dad and none of my friends. It was my safe place amongst the storm and yet, I was happy to share it with Zach.

He lead me all through the forest, ducking under the shelter of the trees along the way, avoiding the now heavy rain. Birds overhead squawked, flapping through the trees to find shelter. Their sodden feathers made their wings heavy, much like my sodden clothes made it difficult to walk.

Hastily, we trudged along muddy pathways, our shoes squelching along the way. The smell of pine and wet dog wafted through the air, mixed with the scent of Zach's cologne and a sense of longing and a feeling of home sunk in.

Once we finally reached my home in the centre of the village, Zach ran ahead to unlock the door and we both bundled into the dry. We aimed straight for the living room and in seconds, Zach was lighting the fire to warm us up.

The beautiful glowing flames flickered elegantly, reminding me of the ceremony at my fathers funeral. My eyes locked on the oranges and yellows, watching them dance. Tears pricked my eyes at the bitter-sweet memory. While the ceremony itself was beautiful, the occasion was bleak to say the least.

"So what have you actually been doing while I was training?" Zach positioned himself on the sofa beside me and pulled me closer to him, apparently noticing the shift in my mood.

"Just sorting through the office. I found a box of some diaries my mom kept and my dad had more paperwork than he had personal belongings." I laughed solemnly. It was so typical of him to remove unnecessary belongings but keep several copies of every pack members file.

"Need help sorting through them?" Zach offered, tucking me further into his hold.

"No, its ok." I snuggled into to him with a small smile. "Thanks," I whispered, revelling in the warmth and comfort he provided.

He ran his long fingers through my matted, dripping wet locks. "For what?"

"For everything."

****

Thank you for reading!

Please vote and comment, and look out for the next chapter next week!