Chapter 51

The next morning felt entirely wrong. I got up and trudged down stairs to find my slightly sweaty, shirtless boyfriend cooking breakfast with his less sweaty but equally shirtless brother.

They served up the food and the three of us ate and chatted as if our whole life hadn't changed in a matter of days.

The two of them seemed to share glances and converse silently more often than they usually did and I had a feeling they were thinking about their brother.

I decided it was best not to mention him again because it may just remind them of the reasons why it would be a bad idea to find him.

Once we had eaten, I kissed my boyfriend goodbye and listened while they both warned me to stay safe and then, like the hypocrite I am, met my friends and marched straight into the human world for my second exam.

We agreed that nobody went anywhere alone all day, not to the exam, not to the toilet, nowhere. We stuck together like glue to make sure nothing could go wrong and then grabbed a takeout smoothie from the cafe to drink on the way home.

All day we had listened to the students gossip about one thing in particular. Werewolves. Every theory was debated until they could discard it and come up with another and we were practically flinching with every word.

I got home with some smoothies for Zach and Liam and found them making lunch in the kitchen. "Hey." I smiled over at them.

"Hey, how was your exam?" Liam asked me and they both looked to me impatiently.

I shrugged. "It was fine." I handed them their smoothies and switched my phone back on, coming across three missed calls from my brother.

I furrowed my eyebrows and called him back, trying to figure out what he would want. He knew I would be in school, and he should've been with his private tutor all morning aswell.

Aiden still had a couple of years left of school so had decided to get a tutor; for a 16 year old kid, he was good at balancing things. But now Dean was back I was pretty sure they had almost become joint Alphas.

"Finally, I called you a couple of times earlier," he answered frustratedly.

"Sorry, I was in an exam," I explained and he sighed.

"I forgot about that, can we talk?" He asked me and I dropped into one of the bar stools next to the counter.

"Sure." Zach plopped a salad in front of me and I mouthed a 'thanks' while I waited for Aiden to speak.

"I was talking to dad about this whole war thing, our territory is right next to a city where they are really hell bent on finding more wolves and he doesn't think it will be safe," he groaned.

"Aiden," I started, stabbing my fork around my plate. "You have the biggest pack in the country, you have enough people for security." I laughed humourlessly.

"I know, but we were also talking about you," he continued and I furrowed my brows. "We are worried that something will happen and we are nowhere near you."

I smiled at the thought of having a caring family. "I'll be ok Aiden."

I shoved a mouthful of salad into my mouth and chewed while he was silent for a moment. "How would you feel about a merge?"

I froze halfway through chewing. A merge? "As in merging the packs?" I asked incredulously.

"Yes, we could combine and that way dad would be able to be with both of us and together we would be the biggest pack not just in the country but in the world. Imagine how much protection we would have."

I narrowed my eyes. "Are you suggesting your pack moves here?" I asked him.

"Yes, its safer near a small town and you have the perfect territory for more people," he explained.

"Aiden, I barely have enough houses for my own pack." I scoffed.

"I have a team of builders in my pack that can come by and build some flats and houses, they can plan with you and maximise the space. I think it would be safer and our family could be together... what do you think?"

Honestly, I quite liked the idea. Right now I could use my dads advice on how to deal with everything and for so long there was a fight between our two packs so merging would help make peace.

And to top it all off, it will throw Rick completely off his guard.

"I think its a good idea actually," I admitted.

"Perfect, I will let dad know and we can start straight away. The sooner we merge, the stronger we will be for this war," Aiden said and I smiled.

"Ok, can you do me a favour?" I asked him.

"Sure."

"Can you let Dean know that Rick called yesterday, he wants to take me before this war starts," I explained.

"Are you ok?" He asked me.

I sighed. "I'm fine, I just thought he would want to know."

"He will, and we will make this happen as fast as possible so if he comes, both our packs will fight him off," Aiden assured me. "I will tell him now, bye El."

"Bye Aiden."

"A merge?" Zach asked me and I nodded.

"I think it could be a good idea, more protection, more fighters, more people to kill Rick. And I also kind of want Aiden and maybe even Dean around," I told him.

He nodded in understanding. "I think its a good idea."

"I'll be back in second, let me call Tyler." I hopped off the stool and slipped into the office to ask for his opinion. I was so glad when he agreed it would be for the best and offered to organise a pack meeting so I could tell everyone.

When I reentered the kitchen, the guys cut off their conversation instantly. "What?" I asked when they both glanced guiltily at me.

"Nothing." Liam forced a smile.

"I'm not buying that," I scoffed, "tell me."

They seemed to have another silent conversation before Liam suddenly blabbed. "We want to find our brother."

My eyebrows shot up. "You do?"

I glanced to Zach who, albeit reluctantly, nodded. "We think its best with this possibility of war," he explained, "he could be found and killed or find himself in the middle of it."

I nodded in understanding. "So you're going to track him down?"

"You know we won't let him hurt you, if he even tries to lay a hand on you I will kill him myself, ok?" Zach quickly explained.

"I know," I assured him. "I think its a good idea."

"So you don't mind?" Liam asked me and I smiled.

"Of course not, when do you plan on going?"

"Friday," Zach explained. "I'm not leaving while you are at school and in danger, that gives your dad and brother time to move in aswell."

"Zach they can't just leave their pack," I reminded him, rolling my eyes.

"Then one of them can move in and Ryder." He shrugged.

"I don't need a babysitter," I grumbled.

He grasped my wrist in his hand and pulled me so I was flushed against him. "I am not going anywhere unless I know you have round the clock protection. Rick is still after you, remember? Either you have a babysitter or we don't go."

I sighed and leant my head on his chest. "Fine, I will ask them. You two better be careful," I warned and they nodded.

"We will."