Chapter 36

"Hey." I smiled over at Oliver and Liv as they approached the group. Blake had arrived a minute or so earlier but Ryder was late, which was no surprise.

"Hey." Oliver grinned at me while everyone stared curiously at the two of them.

"Guys, this is Oliver and Liv," I introduced. "They are new."

"Olly," he corrected, holding out a hand to Liam.

"As in Oliver and Olivia?" Caroline asked with a grin and they both scowled.

"Yeah, our parents picked Oliver for a boy and Olivia for a girl and didn't bother to change it when they got both," Liv huffed with an eye roll.

Everyone introduced themselves while we waited for the last arrival. "Hey losers!" Ryders voice yelled and we all turned to see his familiar grin. He hauled me into his chest and squeezed the life out of me before frowning. "You totally got laid today," he announced.

"Ryder!" I scolded, slapping him lightly. It was no secret from my friends anyway after Liams very accurate acting but I barely knew Olly and Liv.

He held his hands up and laughed. "Sorry." He turned and gave Liam a weird bro hug thing and I honestly wasn't at all surprised they were friends - they were both assholes. "And who are the random strangers that are joining us?"

"How welcoming of you." I rolled my eyes. "This is Olly and Liv, they are new to the pack. This is Ryder, he is rude and annoying and you should ignore everything that he says," I told them.

"Including when I tell you that when Ella was six she was running away from me and we-?" I cut him off by clamping my hand over his mouth and glaring. He held up his hand in surrender and laughed when I reluctantly removed my hand. "Wet herself," he blabbed and ran.

"Ha I remember that." Jordan giggled. "She cried when she told me."

"Jordan!" I shook my head while she froze, realising she had blabbed. "Ryder you are dead!"

"Wouldn't wanna be you right now," Mason chuckled, raising an eyebrow while Ryder backed away.

"You're human?" Olly stated, glaring in his direction.

"He is, he knows and he keeps the secret," I told him, shaking my head. "You don't have to worry."

"You trust humans?" Liv scoffed and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"This one." I nodded.

"Can we go? Its a million degrees and there is no shade here," Lexi groaned before we all started through the woods, picnic baskets and water bottles in hand.

We arrived at the lake at around midday - the perfect time to cool down while the scorching sun blared in the sky. I immediately stripped down to my bikini along with the rest of the girls and glanced up to see Zach's eyes darken as they examined my body. I shuddered beneath his intense stare and had to turn away.

"Race you to the lake!" Ryder exclaimed. I met his eyes and then Zach's before charging full speed towards the water. Slightly ahead of me, Zach launched himself off the bank and I followed behind him, the cold water slamming against my skin.

"Oh my god!" I gasped as I emerged from beneath the surface. It felt like my whole body was encased in a freezer. I swam over to where Zach was treading water and nuzzled against him in an attempt to warm up but even my human radiator was ice cold so I pulled myself out of the lake to lounge on the grass.

After a couple of hours of flitting between sunbathing in the intense heat and then swimming to cool off, the boys decided on a game of football. I frowned as Zach kissed my cheek and then made his way over to the rest of the guys. Meanwhile, the girls were diving into the picnic baskets and Lexi blasted music from her phone.