Chapter 6

"Hey," I called the next morning as I descended the stairs. Zach stood, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his lean chest.

"Hey beautiful." He stepped towards me to place a kiss on my forehead before leading me into the kitchen. "Breakfast?"

"Actually, Ryder text me saying they were all at the cafe if we wanted to join. They are having breakfast," I explained, sending him my best pleading eyes.

"Sounds good to me." He smiled, one of those that radiated happiness through the room. He gazed at me lovingly and my heart turned to dust in my chest.

"Great! We can invite Liam," I told him and was extremely grateful that my voice didn't waver as I spoke.

"Really?" He groaned agonisingly.

"Zach." I sent him a warning look. "He's your brother and he came looking for you, be nice."

He rolled his eyes and sighed. "I'll go get him." I grinned victoriously as he disappeared into the hallway.

****

"Hey stranger!" Ryder pulled me into a bear hug as soon as we stepped into the cafe. He threw his arms around my waist and I buried my face in his neck.

"Missed you too." I laughed, pulling away to see his grinning face.

He scooted back into the booth that they had chosen - a bigger one than our regular as it was getting a little cramped.

Mason sat in the corner with his arms tightly wrapped around Caroline, who lay across his chest. They both looked so happy and I was glad that they could be together now that my dad wasn't there to interfere, even if I wished it wasn't the case.

Beside Caroline, Jordan sat with a mug of hot chocolate. Her eyes lit up ecstatically as I slid into the booth on the opposite side and her smile warmed the room.

"Hey El," she beamed and then turned to Zach. "Hey."

"Hey Jord," we both replied, curling up in the corner opposite Mason and Caroline.

Alexia sat beside Jordan and then Ryder sat on a chair at the end. "Wheres Blake?" I asked them and they all nodded towards the counter where Blake was paying for some drinks.

"Who is that?" Alexia gasped as Liam joined us, a huge cocky smirk on his face as the girls fixated on him and drooled slightly.

"This is Liam," Zach explained turning to his brother. "He's my brother," he admitted and I beamed in my seat.

"I didn't know you had a brother," Jordan gasped slightly, still admiring Liam in great detail.

"Neither did I." Zach laughed.

Blake reappeared with a handful of drinks and handed us one each. "Thanks Blake." I grinned as he pushed a mug of steaming hot chocolate towards me.

"So you have a brother?" He asked Zach, sitting beside Liam.

"Apparently so." He nodded just as Liam began snarling from beside him. I turned to see his glowing amber eyes fixed on Mason and let out a huff.

"Liam, he is ok," I snapped as Zach pulled him back into his seat.

He snapped his head towards me and growled slightly. "He is human," he reminded me.

"And I said he is ok," I snarled, releasing a wave of dominance over him. He resisted momentarily before leaning back in his seat and letting out a small huff of annoyance and giving up.

Before anyone could speak again, the waitress brought over several plates of breakfast. She place two in front of Mason and Caroline and pushed one towards me before disappearing out the room.