Chapter 13

"So what exactly happened?" Zach asked later that evening when we all sat around the creek, discussing our days.

"They completely overreacted." I huffed, pouting and crossing my arms over my chest, in Zach's arms.

"We did not!" Alexia defended, laughing while I sulked in the corner.

"Sweetheart," Zach called from behind me, his arms snaked around my waist and my head leant against his chest.

"Hm," I replied absentmindedly, trying to avoid the conversation.

"What did you do?" His tone was his usual, daring one. He was constantly daring me to defy him even though I was his Alpha, but of course I do. As if I would do what he says that easily.

"Nothing," I grumbled and the others laughed.

"She would've killed her," Mason chuckled beside Caroline.

"I had it under control!" I defended.

"Who is Rebecca?" Liam asked, his eyebrows were furrowed as he looked at me in confusion.

"This human girl at our school," Ryder filled him in - the two had become quite good friends yesterday once Ryder apologised and Zach and I were... well... preoccupied.

"You attacked a human? You broke your own rule." He laughed incredulously, shaking his head lightly while I snarled.

"She deserved it," I growled and everyone rolled their eyes.

"She wasn't that bad," Blake scoffed and I let our a surge of dominance over them all.

"Who's side are you guys on?" I demanded while small, icy shards of dominance blasted over them. Only Zach seemed unaffected while the others cowered their heads.

"Sweetheart, what did she do?" He rubbed circles into my arm with his thumb, calming me down slightly so I would release my hold on the others who all grumbled at me.

Ryder smirked at me before directing his gaze to Zach. "She was discussing the fact you dated her and realised she was a psycho and then you ran away which is why you stopped going to school." He laughed.

"So you strangled her?" He chuckled behind me.

"It wasn't that bad," I muttered but the others apparently disagreed.

"She was practically turning blue!" Caroline scoffed.

"It took all of us to pull her away, and 6 of you are werewolves," Mason explained.

"Rebecca would be dead right now if we didn't," Alexia added.

"Then you shouldn't have interfered," I grumbled under my breath but they all apparently heard.

"You really hate this girl don't you," Liam chuckled.

"Urgh, she is such a bitch! She was blabbing on about how her and Zach were sleeping around behind my back and how they were in love and I was just an easy bang for him! God I hate her." I snarled and Zach's grip tightened around me.

"She said that." He snarled, tightening his grip still, as if I might believe her words and walk away at any point.

"Yeah, to be honest she did deserve what she got," Blake admitted.

"You know its all bullshit right?" Zach sounded so scared it both broke my heart and made it melt right there.

I turned in his arms to face him and gave him a smirk. "You mean you didn't cheat on me?" I gasped mockingly. "Well, in that case burning all your stuff was a big mistake." I smirked and he rolled his eyes.