Chapter 5

"Morning." Zach grinned devilishly as he sauntered into the kitchen the next morning. I sat at the counter with a cup of tea in my hands, scrolling through all of my messages from Tyler about what was happening in the pack and what I needed to do today.

"Morning." I smiled, watching him grab the ingredients to make breakfast. "You're in a good mood." I raised my eyebrows at him.

"I get to kill three people that laid their hands on you last night," he reminded me, smirking. His crystal eyes glazed over with fury for a few seconds but the thrill of revenge swept it away instantly.

I laughed as he moved around the kitchen, frying eggs and buttering toast. The aroma of cooking flooded the house and I visibly drooled over not only the delicious smell, but his muscular back flexing as he worked.

"Hey," Liam called as he entered the kitchen, taking a seat at the bar to my left.

"Hey," I greeted politely, waiting for Zach to do the same.

"Here." He handed me a plate of food before leaning over the counter and pressing his warm lips to mine. "Will you be ok?" He asked, flitting his eyes towards Liam and then back to me.

"I will be fine." I sighed and rolled my eyes at him before taking another sip of my drink. He nodded hesitantly and turned to leave. "Have fun," I called.

"Oh I will." He laughed from the hallway. "I love you."

"I love you too," I replied and soon after he was closing the door. I turned to Liam who sat beside me, awkwardly twiddling his thumbs.

"Sorry, he will warm up to you," I chuckled, rolling my eyes.

"It's ok, he left me alone with you. That's a start right." He laughed back, shrugging slightly.

"He isn't usually this much of an asshole," I told him, standing from my seat. "Did you want some breakfast?" I sighed, realising Zach hadn't offered.

"Um... don't worry about it."

I shook my head lightly and passed him my untouched plate. "Here." I rounded the counter and switched the stove back on.

"Thanks. Can I ask you something?" Liam called as I retrieved another egg from the fridge. I cracked it into the saucepan and then turned back to him.

"Sure." I nodded and he hesitated.

"Are they your parents?" He nodded towards the photo of them on the counter.

My dad had his arm slung around my moms shoulder and she was leaning into him, taking the photo. In the background was a beach and the sky was a clear blue. It was my favourite picture of them. My mom looked as stunning as ever with her long waves shaping her face. Her wide smile spread, making small dimples in her cheeks. Her bright blue eyes reflected her happiness and they were gazing lovingly into my dads.

My dad held her protectively, his muscular arms held her against him and his broad shoulders were squared, ready to fight off anything that approached her. He was also smiling brightly, looking relaxed and peaceful in her arms. His eyes were glazed over with the clear love and admiration he had for her.

"Yeah, they are." I nodded with a smile.

"I have trespassed here before," he chuckled and I snapped my focus from the toast I was buttering to him.

"What?"

"Yeah, I was adopted by humans and then when I started to transform, I ran away. I sort of figured out the whole werewolf thing alone and then started to search for my family. I accidentally trespassed here and met your dad," he explained and then shifted his gaze from the photo to me. "Nice guy." He laughed.