Chapter 25

"Hey, Ella!" Tyler called when the six of us returned to the pack the next day after dropping Mason home. He had quite a long night sat on a grimy sofa in a dark, crumbling house surrounded by fog while constantly howling werewolves ran around not too far away.

"Hey Ty." I smiled and pulled him into a hug. "Thanks for covering for me last night. I thought I would make it back in time," I explained and he nodded before glaring past me.

"You're dead," he growled to a guilty looking Ryder. "Do you have any idea how worried I was?"

"I was fine," Ryder grumbled with an eye roll.

"Well I wouldn't have known that since you didn't have the decency to even call," Tyler snapped. "Ryder, you can't just sneak off whenever you feel like it. There are rules!"

"Yeah whatever," Ryder huffed before storming off into his house, leaving Tyler to seethe outside.

He turned to me and growled in frustration, making me laugh. "Sorry," I told him, honestly feeling bad for putting him in that position.

"Not your fault. He just can't listen to a single damn thing." I laughed again while Tyler sighed. It was true, Ryder had never been good at listening and following rules, it the reason we became such good friends, we were so similar in that department.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" I queried and Ty nodded. "What do you know about my dad?" I asked and his face scrunched up in confusion.

"Everything, he was my best friend really. Why?" He asked, confusion lacing his tone.

I sighed before meeting his eyes and trying to read them as I spoke. "Not that dad."

He sighed heavily and ran his hands across his face before meeting me gaze. "You know." It was more of a fact than a question but he looked to me, waiting for my answer anyways.

"Yes."

"I'm sorry Ella, I don't know anything about him. I wish I could help but they never told me who it was and it never felt right to ask," he told me apologetically. "How did you find out?" He asked me.

"I found my moms diaries and it says in one that he isn't my real father," I told him solemnly.

Tyler chuckled half-heartedly. "Your mom and her damn diaries." I smiled back. "I told your dad to get rid of them but he said he wouldn't ever get rid of their story." He shook his head as if the whole thing was ludicrous- which I guess it was since my dad was unlikely to forget their story.

"Did she write diaries before she met him?" I asked.

"Yes, apparently she wrote them since she was sixteen and he kept them all," Tyler answered.

"So the identity of my dad might be in one of them?" I asked, suddenly hopeful.

"Its likely yeah but I doubt your dad would've kept those in the house. He knew how nosy you were."

I nodded before remembering the few diaries that were stuffed inside the boxes we were returning with. "But he might've kept them at the cottage they used to meet in?" I asked and a grin formed on his lips.

"You don't give up do you?" He laughed while I shook my head.

"Never."

"So that's where you were last night? It makes sense now." He nodded in understanding. "Just, don't get your hopes up. Your mom was always uncomfortable about your real dad. I don't know what happened but she left him while she was pregnant with you or he left her or something so just be prepared for the fact he might not be a great guy. Okay?" He spoke soothingly and I appreciated his concern.