Chapter 38

Blinding light woke me the next morning and I was sure my retinas were frying in the simmering brightness. A mixture of a groan and a squeal left my lips as I slammed my eyes closed and buried my head in the soft material around me.

Somehow, I was in my bed. My warm comfortable duvet swamped my naked body and I shuffled further into the mattress. At the small movement, I felt my head thunder and whined from the pain.

"Good morning." My boyfriend had the perfect hangover voice; it was low and soothing and I wanted to sink into the warm sound.

"Zach," I mumbled contently.

"It was 'Zachy' last night." His voice laced with humour and the bed sunk as he sat beside me. "How're you feeling?"

I groaned a little while feeling around for his hand. "Crap." The warmth from his hand as it closed around mine sent tingles through me.

"So much for not drinking too much baby, you drank the most out of everyone." He still spoke soothingly but I knew he was irritated about my consumption.

"I'm sorry, I got a incy bit carried away." I turned to give him a sheepish smile and was greeted with the most god-damn beautiful face on the planet. He looked a little rough, probably from worrying about me last night and the guilt gnawed at me. "I am sorry."

He smiled gently. "I know." He reached behind him to retrieve a glass of water while I pulled myself up into a sitting position. "Here." I gulped down a few mouthfuls of the cool water before he revealed a couple of small white pills in his palm. "These might help with the headache."

I took them appreciatively and smiled. "You're the best."

His hand shot out to draw a strand of lose hair that clung to my sweaty forehead back behind me ear. "Do you remember anything from last night?"

I thought back to getting ready and arriving and dancing with my friends and my memory was pretty clear right up until the moment Zach arrived and then everything went fuzzy. "Not once you pulled into the car park," I admitted.

"Well, you told me you loved me, tried to hug me and were about a meter away from me so face planted instead." He smirked and I cringed. "You were passed out in the car and stayed out while I struggled to remove that damn dress and practically dropped you into bed."

I glanced up to see him shaking his head in amusement. "You didn't take advantage of me did you?" I mock gasped, knowing that was the last thing Zach would ever do.

"No, I was put off when you finally stirred enough to puke all over me," he grumbled.

I winced. "I'm so sorry. I don't even remember that." I flopped back onto the bed and buried my head in the pillow.

I felt Zach shift before his face was nuzzled in my neck. "It's ok baby. Do you think you can manage a shower?" He murmured and I shot him a look. "Not like that." He sighed.

"Oh, well I doubt I will be able to stand for long. My legs are killing me," I growled.

In a second, I was lifted off the bed and carried towards the bathroom. I hadn't got enough energy to argue as Zach gently lowered me to my feet and started to fill the bath tub.

I plopped my bum onto the toilet lid while he added in all sorts of soaps and creams and then let him lower me into the warm water. I moaned at the amazing feeling of the water around me and relaxed against the edge of the bath while the most amazing boyfriend in the world started to untangle my hair and run shampoo into every strand.

"Mmm thats amazing," I muttered as he massaged soap into my scalp. "I love you so much."

He moved onto my shoulders, running a bar of soap over my bare skin. "I love you too."

Zach washed every inch of my body and hair until the smell of alcohol and vomit had been swilled away and replaced with a sweet, fruity scent. He then pulled me out of the bath and wrapped a huge, fluffy and warm towel around my body before pulling me onto his lap and rubbing the droplets of water gently off my skin.

He retrieved his comfiest pair of tracksuit bottoms and his softest t-shirt before slipping them over my body and enveloping me in his homely scent.

Before I knew it, I was back in bed, drifting off with the warmth of my boyfriend holding me, the pounding in my head fading and a smile on my face.

****

When I next woke up, the clock on the wall read just gone midday and I groaned internally, just realising I was supposed to be at school today.

I slipped from between the covers, still dressed in Zachs clothes and followed the smell of food to the kitchen where the love of my life was dishing up a plate of scrambled egg on toast.

"Oh god that smells amazing," I hummed, taking my seat on the barstool.

"I was just about to come and get you. How are you? Feeling any better?" He kissed my cheek and I grabbed his jaw to pull him around to my mouth.

"I feel amazing. Thank you for taking care of me." I kissed him again... and again... and maybe again before the growling of my stomach reminded me of the delicious food sat in front of me.

"Our party girl is up," Liams voice announced from behind me and I turned to see his amused grin.

I groaned. "Was I that bad?"

"You came home and told me I had to have sex with Lexi." He grinned but a small tinge of blush raised to his cheeks.

"Liam Thorn, are you blushing?" I gasped, taking a closer look at the pink that warmed his cheeks. "You are!"

"I am not, sweetheart," he scoffed, turning to the food to hide his cute little pink cheeks.

"You totally are," Zach insisted.

"Get lost Zach," Liam snapped and I couldn't stop from giggling.

"You like Lexi! Thats so cute," I cooed and he frowned at me. "She totally likes you too," I told him. "I can tell."

"How?" He raised an eyebrow and Zach grinned at me.

"So you do like her." He laughed.

"I hate both of you." He grabbed a plate and stormed off upstairs to eat it, leaving the two of us to laugh at how adorable he was.

When our laughter died, I looked to Zach. "Did the others go to school today?"

"Yeah their parents and brothers wouldn't let them stay at home and they weren't nearly as hung over as you." He rolled his eyes but smiled lovingly at me.

"Thanks for bringing us back last night and for getting them home safe." I kissed his cheek.

"Well, to be honest all I did was drive, Olly took Liv home, Ryder took Jordan and Blake walked Lexi home. Although, I did have to put up with their awful singing and odd chatter in the car." He laughed, taking another bite of his toast.

"Did you guys enjoy the game?" I asked him.

"Yeah it was good, we won," he told me.

"That's good, so you had a good night then... mostly." I grinned but his eyes darkened a little.

"Well," his hand slipped over my thigh while his thumb started to caress the inside of my leg, "I spent the night thinking about the beautiful girl I am in love with in her sexy little dress and ended up with a hard-on all night."

He leaned in closer so I could feel his breath on my cheek. "So I think you owe me."

My stomach fluttered as suddenly my plans for the rest of the day became crystal clear.