Chapter 30

Ever so slowly, I stepped to the side so I could see him, desperately trying to conceal all my emotions from him. My gut stirred with nerves when I came face to face with my nightmares once again.

Our eyes met and instantly, images of him snarling and fighting flashed into my mind. Images of my dads blood staining the floor and coating my hands. Images of Zach, on the floor without a pulse. The sound of my screaming echoed around  my mind alongside my mothers pleads and cries.

My heart pounded in the back of my mind, booming over the sound of the wind whooshing through the cold, damp corridor.

Dean was sat on the concrete floor with his arms resting on his knees and his back pressed against the far wall. He looked smaller than I remembered, no longer the bulky, intimidating Alpha of the pack. It was blatantly clear that the majority of his strength and power had come from his position in the pack and without his status and dominance, he looked ordinary.

"This is a surprise." His wide eyes fixed on me and all I could think about was the fact they were the same forest green as mine. The sound of his voice had haunted me for months but now it was softer and a little shaky. "I take it you aren't here to let me out then, son."

His eyes remained on me while he spoke and my nerves bubbled up within me. "No, I'm not," he answered, his voice equally soft. "Not yet," he added. He then turned to me and his expression melted into a comforting smile. "I'll leave now. Are you sure your ok?" He asked, glancing at Dean who now raised a surprised brow.

"Yeah, thanks. Don't let Zach kill you," I whispered with a grin and he nodded. I hugged him briefly before he walked away.

With a deep breath, I turned back to the cage Dean resided in. Although the large tomb stone style door had been removed, thick bars separated me from him. "How are you doing Ella?" He asked. He almost sounded sincere but I knew it was just another one of his mind games.

"I've been better."

He chuckled. "What are you doing here? I'm surprised you were brave enough."

"You don't appear to be getting out anytime soon and honestly, if you could leave, you aren't exactly in any state to fight me," I reminded him with a smug smile. "You're no longer an Alpha but I am, you're no match for me anymore."

He frowned, eyes narrowed for a moment before he continued. "That doesn't answer my question," he stated.

"I'm here because I want to know if its true," I explained, analysing his expression and body language. He immediately tensed and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion before they shot up across his forehead from shock.

His eyes locked on mine and for a beat, we simply stared at each other, reading the others emotions that were laid out for the world to see. Eventually, he broke the silence. "Know if whats true?"

"Don't play games with me!" I snapped, crossing my arms over my chest and letting out a huff. "Is it true?"

My tone left no room for avoiding the question and his expression morphed from one of shock to... nerves?

"Yes its true Ella," he muttered, avoiding my fierce gaze.

"So I am biologically related to you," I spat, utterly disgusted by the fact.

He raised his head slowly to face me and frowned. "Yes, you are."

All I could do was scoff. "I'm sorry Ella." It came out as a whisper, almost as though he was ashamed to apologise. Although, his words meant absolutely nothing to me so it was a mere waste of breath.

"Sorry for what? For killing my dad? For trying to kill my boyfriend? For kidnapping and murdering my mother? Or for trying to kidnap me?" I snarled. I had never experienced this kind of hatred before. I had disliked people severely and felt only anger towards them but this was a new level for me. He had threatened or harmed everyone I cared deeply for and I hated him for that.

His head shot back up to face me and a frown took over his features. "I didn't kill your mother, Ella." In that moment, he looked honest. He appeared distraught by my accusation but I knew it was the truth and I refused to allow him to victimise himself.

"Don't bother lying to me," I growled, clenching my fists tightly at my sides.

He stared me directly in the eyes when he next spoke. "Ella, I swear. I didn't kill her. I loved her so much, I would never hurt her. I was out for the day and when I came home she was dead with a bullet in her chest but I swear it wasn't me."

Tears were streaming down my face at the recount. I didn't want nor need to hear this. I couldn't stand the images swirling around my head. "Apparently you have forgotten that you sent me the video of you murdering her. How dare you sit there and lie to my face."

I saw his eyebrows furrowed out the corner of my eye but I refused to look at him. "Do you still have the video?" He suddenly asked and I snapped my head back round to face him.

"Yes. I can't bring myself to delete it despite the fact its imprinted in my mind and I replay it nearly every night," I snarled.

"Ella, please show me," he asked gently.

"What?" Was he kidding?

"Please."

With nothing to lose, I tore my phone from my back pocket and crouched against the bars to his cell, holding the phone out so he could see it while the video played.

I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to block out the tormenting sounds. Hearing them again was like reopening old scars and I couldn't do that, not right now. When the blood curdling scream rang out at the end alongside the booming gunshot, I glared at an even paler Dean and noticed the small tears falling over his cheeks.

"You don't have to pretend. Its your voice," I growled.

He snarled back, louder than I have ever heard a snarl and I backed away slightly. His eyes were the brightest orange I had ever seen and his fangs looked ready to tear through flesh. "Give me your phone," he ordered.

"What? No way-."

"Give me your phone!" He barked out, and on impulse, I shoved it through the bars into his cell. I scowled as he picked it up and pulled out his own phone.

"What are you doing?"

My question went ignored as he began typing on his own phone and then the sound of ringing met my ears.

Seconds later, a haunting voice answered the phone with a simple 'hello' and I froze. It was the voice from the video. I stared in utter shock at Dean while he seethed into the phone.

"Hello?" They called again and a few moments later, they hung up.

"I don't understand," I whispered, my voice shaking. "He sounded just like you."

Silence resonated through the cell while we stared at each other. I couldn't get my head around the new load of facts that had been dumped on me. He didn't kill my mom and he didn't send me the video.

So who did? And why?

The tears continued to drip from my chin onto the already damp concrete floor and my entire body trembled a little.

"He's my brother," Dean hissed and I could hear his teeth grinding against each other.

"You have a brother?" I asked, shocked. I thought one was bad enough but two of them. And more importantly, another evil one who murdered my mother. I didn't think I could handle that.

"Not once I kill him I won't," he barked.

My eyes widened when it became clear he wasn't joking. He genuinely wanted his brother dead. Did that make him a friend or an enemy? "However, I can't do that from in here." He grinned again, that evil, twisted grin and I gulped.

The keys hung a few metres from me and they were numbered so I knew exactly how to get him out. Nobody was down here to stop me. But nobody was down here to save me either.

****

Hey guys!
I am so sorry that this is a little late, Christmas is coming up and its a stressful time, leaving me little time to write. Also, I have had a serious case of writers block :(

I really hope you enjoy this delayed chapter and the next one should be up on time next Friday! X